Stagg Jr SB store picks

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2021 is supposed to see the start of Stagg Jr store picks in 2021 according to Minnick. Thoughts?

Supposed to means "we will see" to me.  I will think about it when and if it happens.

Edited by Radioyada

If BT follows the model they used for EHTSiB picks this past year only a few “select” retailers will be in on the initial release to do a Stagg Jr. pick. 

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

If BT follows the model they used for EHTSiB picks this past year only a few “select” retailers will be in on the initial release to do a Stagg Jr. pick. 

Thats what I was thinking. I didnt get either of our lical EHT picks last year. 

"We are not worthy!"

As if Stagg Jr. wasn't already too hard to find.  Why does BT do this?  It's not that they have trouble selling all they can produce...

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

As if Stagg Jr. wasn't already too hard to find.  Why does BT do this?  It's not that they have trouble selling all they can produce...

The BT business model, is to create demand & buzz for their products by making the brands hard to find.  It has to be maddening for a real BT fan.

My theory:  BT knows , the new to bourbon dude/dudette CRAVES all BT products, due to the scarcity of their products. Which makes the entire line a " LE" in the newbie's eyes. This makes the new customer (possibly even the long time loyal customer) excited when they get the "privilege " of purchasing the BT product. This in turn, creates brand loyalty (obsession) for a lifetime. Smart, but a little dirty. 

I personally think the way they intentionally monkey with supply is a little below the table. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

And the winning bid was $75,100.

Happy for St Jude - but oh man!    Crank up the PR machine.........

As a Buckeye, I am proud to announce that the State of Ohio is holding a Pappy Lottery in an effort to dispose of some old, undesirable stock they couldn't get rid of for, oh, up to 23 years.  The winners of the lottery don't actually win a bottle but the privilege of buying a bottle. Prices range from $69.99 for Old Rip 10 to $299.99 for Pappy 23.  Merry Christmas, y'all!

This has gotten ridiculous. Thankfully I like standard WT 101 and EW Bib.

Edited by mal00768

4 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I'd probably prefer the Stagg Jr

From a fellow "Novice" to another, me too!  ?

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

From a fellow "Novice" to another, me too!  ?

I'm not quite sure what it takes to get promoted beyond "novice".  Maybe in the scheme of SB posters I still am a novice.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jazz June said:

For comparison’s sake, a Michter’s 10 pick was auctioned off and went for $209,462.

See: https://www.distillerytrail.com/blog/barrel-of-michters-10-year-old-kentucky-bourbon-sells-at-charity-auction-for-record-setting-209462/

It's missing its fishnet stocking ... hard pass.

• I like it 1

If anyone has an available seat on a tasting team for a Stagg Jr pick, pm me. I'll bring the downproofing equipment.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:52 PM, fosmith said:

Stagg Jr makes more sense in the supply regard than the wheaters - there's been a way bigger uptick in the production of Mashbill 1 than the others, a lot of it with a few years on it now. No reason the Stagg Jr drought should have to go on for too much longer.

Just think of Stagg Jr as specially selected, slightly more aged (but well below GTS), barrel proof standard BT, without a Van Winkle picking off the honey barrels, and it makes sense that they should certainly be able to get the supply of Jr where everyone needs it to be in a few more years, if they want.

6 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

If anyone has an available seat on a tasting team for a Stagg Jr pick, pm me. I'll bring the downproofing equipment.

Done. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.