What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Winding down the weekend with a hefty GTS Jr b14.  Tomorrow we start “deSantafying” the place.  

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Winding down the weekend with a hefty GTS Jr b14.  Tomorrow we start “deSantafying” the place.  

Sublimation Transfer Ready to Press Christmas Buddy the Elf image 0

Yesterday was my 66th birthday. As planned opened my bottle of PVW 15 yr and the family had a pour. Very nice.

• I like it 15

4 hours ago, yobber76 said:

Yesterday was my 66th birthday. As planned opened my bottle of PVW 15 yr and the family had a pour. Very nice.

Young whipper-snapper.  Congrats!  ?

Dug to the back of the bar tonight to pour one of my favorite pours this year for the price! I was lucky enough to put a few bottles up in the bunker as well. 

The Beam DC is one of my favorite beam products hands down. Not to mention <$20! Any other fans of this out there? 

1A3A42FC-F6BD-4BC9-8434-AAF6E96CCD06.jpeg

• I like it 8

This MMCS continues to evolve since the bottle was opened.

You guys and the JBDC - it vanished here a long time ago.  If I ever see it again, man, I'd be grabbing a bunch.

20 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Young whipper-snapper.  Congrats!  ?

Thanks, that 15yr could be habit forming if you could regularly buy it for msrp.

Very smooth

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

The Beam DC is one of my favorite beam products hands down. Not to mention <$20! Any other fans of this out there? 

Oh yeah!  Distiller's Cut is the best JB branded product I've tasted.  I call it a "baby Baker's".  Way better than Old Tub or JB BiB. 

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Dug to the back of the bar tonight to pour one of my favorite pours this year for the price! I was lucky enough to put a few bottles up in the bunker as well. 

1A3A42FC-F6BD-4BC9-8434-AAF6E96CCD06.jpeg

Yep - really delicious stuff for the money.  I thought buying a half-dozen or so would keep me stocked up for the long haul, and I think I'm on the last one now.  Someone recommended mingling this with Bakers to stretch that, and I found that was really good as well (Bakers is delicious as is, but this added some viscosity to it, and didn't really detract for it, at a 1:1 ratio - hard to beat at $30 net!)

• I like it 1

Nah, that DC is terrible.  If you see it, just leave it on the shelf and let me know where you saw it!    

I have at least six bottles of this stashed away.  Easily the best Beam-label product I've tried and the only one purchased in quantity.   

• I like it 2

On 12/27/2020 at 8:21 PM, markandrex said:

....  Tomorrow we start “deSantafying” the place.  

that sounds ominous.  he's under a tarp in the basement till you find a quiet spot in the woods to plant him??

I love Old Tub, second only to OGD 114. Jim Beam refers to it as a "limited-edition offering" so I am stocking up on it.

JB Distiller’s Cut?  That stuff is horrible and overrated.  Please do not go deep on it.  No how, no way.  Find something better.

😜

A130E0AF-6530-4089-B1C5-2189EF709F29.jpeg

• I like it 8

7 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

that sounds ominous.  he's under a tarp in the basement till you find a quiet spot in the woods to plant him??

Plausible deniability my friend, plausible deniability.

Tried the 2020 OFBB. I’m not a fan at all based on first impression. I feel like this one is living on reputation and tradition currently. Unfortunately a lot of people that treat it like a unicorn bottle just want to put it on their shelf anyway, so maybe the actual taste doesn’t that matter to a lot of the current buyers....

• I like it 2

24 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Tried the 2020 OFBB. I’m not a fan at all based on first impression. I feel like this one is living on reputation and tradition currently. Unfortunately a lot of people that treat it like a unicorn bottle just want to put it on their shelf anyway, so maybe the actual taste doesn’t that matter to a lot of the current buyers....

The last OFBB I bought was 2009 and I paid $39.99.  It had a 12 year age statement and was 90 something proof.  It was not awful, but not really good either.  It was obviously OF juice, but with a dry and tannic aftertaste.  Honestly, I thought OF Signature at that time was a much tastier whiskey, regardless of price.

• I like it 3

Enjoying a little holiday cheer and celebrating the beginning of blood orange season with a blood orange cocktail using a leftover 126.25 proof 13+ year old barrel sample from a blend I was working on back in May. I've now moved on from the cocktail to drinking neat another 13+ year old cask sample at 131.28 proof. Whoa boy, this is going to be a fun and crazy evening! 

😜🥃

Hope everyone is mellowing out during the holidays and imbibing some spectacular juice! 

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_6212.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 9

3 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Enjoying a little holiday cheer and celebrating the beginning of blood orange season with a blood orange cocktail using a leftover 126.25 proof 13+ year old barrel sample from a blend I was working on back in May. I've now moved on from the cocktail to drinking neat another 13+ year old cask sample at 131.28 proof. Whoa boy, this is going to be a fun and crazy evening! 

😜🥃

Hope everyone is mellowing out during the holidays and imbibing some spectacular juice! 

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_6212.jpg

I predict that Nancy will be sleeping in tomorrow!

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, parksmart said:

JB Distiller’s Cut?  That stuff is horrible and overrated.  Please do not go deep on it.  No how, no way.  Find something better.

😜

A130E0AF-6530-4089-B1C5-2189EF709F29.jpeg

LOL!

First pour from this warehouse G RR SiB. Of course it's good. I love the variation in rickhouse characteristics that happen at the WT locations. 

On a side note, them boys from Oklahoma are showing what they're capable of down in Arlington tonight. 

20201230_211025.jpg

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.