What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What! You wouldn't pay $249.99 for a 2 year old, 80 proof, "craft" whiskey.  Come on man, you know it's gotta be stellar.  The fake backstory on the label should tell you that.  OK, so you didn't buy it.  Why?

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 1

Because it tastes like trash, that's why ?.  

Passed on KC 15yr for $99.  Don't have the budget but I would love to try this, I'm a sucker for anything Jim Beam.  

13 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Because it tastes like trash, that's why ?.  

Passed on KC 15yr for $99.  Don't have the budget but I would love to try this, I'm a sucker for anything Jim Beam.  

Don’t worry my man. When I eventually get around to cracking my mine open, I’ve got you covered. 

9 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Don’t worry my man. When I eventually get around to cracking my mine open, I’ve got you covered. 

You didn't tell me you picked on up, awesome!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Let these stellar deals pass me by today. Friar Tucks prices just keep getting worse and worse.

4C603F8B-F06F-43EE-B0DD-F9D86974B1C7.jpeg

D7BA9DE8-B4E8-48D8-9A90-EDAE4FA8949F.jpeg

No kidding.

Is that Springfield IL?

I've heard stories about that location in particular.

Not that the MO locations are any better, but at least they keep their raping behind closed doors instead of out in the open.

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, 0895 said:

No kidding.

Is that Springfield IL?

I've heard stories about that location in particular.

Not that the MO locations are any better, but at least they keep their raping behind closed doors instead of out in the open.

Forsyth, IL

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, yobber76 said:

I think I would pass on most anything at $249.

Couldn't pass on the RR16yr at $249.99. as Part 1 of the 2020 Lottery wins

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

First one I bought was that good!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

8 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Let these stellar deals pass me by today. Friar Tucks prices just keep getting worse and worse.

4C603F8B-F06F-43EE-B0DD-F9D86974B1C7.jpeg

D7BA9DE8-B4E8-48D8-9A90-EDAE4FA8949F.jpeg

The $62 for RRSiB is pretty reasonable, no?

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

That part 1 win was really the stuff till part 2 came along. :) Well done GeeTen. Somebody's got the Happy Holiday Spirit going on.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2020 Lottery Batch 1.jpg

You're right, there are bourbons worth the price. It's just hard to see some of these old standard affordable bourbons triple or quadruple in price. Enjoy!

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, yobber76 said:

You're right, there are bourbons worth the price. It's just hard to see some of these old standard affordable bourbons triple or quadruple in price. Enjoy!

I jumped back into the RR2003 last night - man its it good.   The low proof really throws you off in the head, then you nose and sip and it is just amazing.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

The $62 for RRSiB is pretty reasonable, no?

yeah, that’s pretty standard for IL, and arguably one of the better pours in that cabinet...

Edited by 0895

Passed on Blade and Bow 22yr for $499.  sitting behind the counter over in Raleigh.   they can keep it for that price......

39 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

Passed on Blade and Bow 22yr for $499.  sitting behind the counter over in Raleigh.   they can keep it for that price......

Since it has a trace of SW bourbon that bottle will likely get gobbled up pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, JT3NSB said:

This is a chart from the NC ABC Commission giving a sample breakdown of their pricing:
PriceBreakdownPerBottle.thumb.jpg.5f381d40492d6780d48f29655dc8ae14.jpg

Since the msrp on that Blade & Bow 22Y is $450, I'm guessing for super allocated things like that they might add on a higher % for the state excise tax & local ABC board profit (probably something more in the  30-35% range for each).

The allocation on that release was a max of 1 care per county w/ most counties no receiving any at all.

7 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Since it has a trace of SW bourbon that bottle will likely get gobbled up pretty quickly. 

I don't think the 22y is solera aged like the regular (NAS) bottles are.

The Website doesn't talk about any of that trickery anyway.

The regular stuff is decent enough bourbon, but for $45 there are about 100 better options available.

• I like it 1

Passed on a bunch of Old Ezra 7 at $50. Not terrible priced but I'm pretty sure I have at least one left in the bunker. 

I also passed on their lone bottle of Blanton's Gold for the low, low price of $399.99.

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

Passed on a bunch of Old Ezra 7 at $50. Not terrible priced but I'm pretty sure I have at least one left in the bunker. 

I also passed on their lone bottle of Blanton's Gold for the low, low price of $399.99.

Ouch!  And I thought $199.99 was an outrageous price for a Blanton's Gold when they showed up around these here parts last month!   🤣

I'm getting low on BT and went looking for some yesterday...found it for $31.99 and $32.99. Uh, no.

Passed on the first bottle of Weller Antique I had seen in years, at the low, low price of $285. I have one in the bunker that I think I paid around $40 for. 

• I like it 1

Last day of the year. (Thank goodness. 😒) I had a couple of bottles in my sights, but somehow managed to pass. Price wasn’t an issue. The  BT was at msrp, and the MM46 was  on sale. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Last day of the year. (Thank goodness. 😒) I had a couple of bottles in my sights, but somehow managed to pass. Price wasn’t an issue. The  BT was at msrp, and the MM46 was  on sale. 

A bourbon Zen moment?

Happy New year.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.