What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bookers latest in a Concord NH liquor outlet for $81.99.

Don't know what this is but looked pricey. Anyone ever try this?

08D6D566-2267-47A9-B08A-A2963C3DC077.jpeg

I think it's good but that is secondary pricing. It's a tough buy at retail.

• I like it 1

Passed on EC Rye today for about $30. First time seeing it on the shelf. Haven't heard too much about it, and not crazy into ryes to be sold on the spot. Might go back for it tomorrow though.

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

This was a first for me seeing a 1 bottle limit on BT
CDB7706D-9EA8-4097-9E39-04838A043175.thumb.jpeg.b57e02002960193989868dc9318d0405.jpeg

we've had that in virginny for couple years now

6 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Passed on EC Rye today for about $30. .... Might go back for it tomorrow though.

I recommend it.  It's not that far from EC flavor.  It's okay, especially at price point.  And it's hard to find outside of some eastern states.  Always on look out for new stuff at good price to broaden pallet and experience.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I've tried for a while to get it at retail.  My thought is it's not worth the price but I really want to try it anyway.  It's not always about good value but about what you want to drink.

11 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

very meh. i've had a couple pours in blinds, and it did not fare so well, especially once considering the price

5 hours ago, steven s said:

very meh. i've had a couple pours in blinds, and it did not fare so well, especially once considering the price

One of  those pours where you are left saying - This is good - but is it over $100 good?   Probably not

• I like it 1

FWIW, I tried the first couple of bottlings from the WR Masters Collection. I’ve shied away from them every since. 😐

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

FWIW, I tried the first couple of bottlings from the WR Masters Collection. I’ve shied away from them every since. 😐

Biba! Joe

I observed two things.

Not good reviews here concerning the various WR Masters Collection in the past.

They seemed to hang around the display cases of liquor stores for years.

I think there was one that was basically just high proof regular WR (no odd ball stuff).  That one got some positive notes, but it was the anomaly, and we're talking $$$ 😯.

• I like it 2

I am not a buyer of either the Woodford Masters or the Batch Proof.  However, if I were to purchase one it would absolutely be the batch proof.

EC Rye has made its way to Illinois so I will be picking up a bottle and cracking it this weekend.  I don't expect it to be a world beater and will likely be hard pressed to make the rotation when OF Rye is $23 and a robust 6pf points higher.  But overall I agree with Mr. Babington.  $30 is well worth the price of admission.  

Today I passed on the MM LE FAE ($65); Alberta Premium CS Rye ($70) and Dickel 15yr ($70) .  I have all three open with backups of the MM and Alberta (that one was a gift).  But seeing these three "limited" products sitting on a shelf at MSRP is kind of nice.  

I had to take a detour on the way home from work to check out a couple of things for the yard/patio. Of course there were a couple of liquor stores in the area I don’t visit very often. 🙄 I passed on everything. Most notably ER at $48.99. 🤨 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

A local store is having a clearance. If you buy enough clearance goods, you get the opportunity to buy a WSR;  when they told me it was low 30's I passed. I think I'll try to get my nephew to grab me some when he drives up this summer from Texas; seems likely the only way I'll get ever any at a reasonable/realistic price.

20 hours ago, lemonman said:

A local store is having a clearance. If you buy enough clearance goods, you get the opportunity to buy a WSR;  when they told me it was low 30's I passed. I think I'll try to get my nephew to grab me some when he drives up this summer from Texas; seems likely the only way I'll get ever any at a reasonable/realistic price.

You’re not lying.  Tulsa, OK thanksgiving weekend. 

901F6D55-F2D1-4372-98EE-3398E810FCA4.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.