Rare Breed Father's Day labels

angelshare
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Any members of the RB Society try their online offer for Father's Day personalized labels? I can't get my PIN # recognized as valid on the website. mad.gif

I didn't try on getting the labels Dave as I gave up on that Rare Breed Society a looong time ago... Good luck if its a WT related thing! The first time many of us tried getting labels from them, they never showed up. In their defense they did get it right the 2nd time around, but that was a year later.

I saw some rumblings regarding this in my searches, but I have only taken advantage of the free label offer one time. They got it right, by the way. In fact, I have a fond holiday memory of one of my friend's expressions of amazement upon receiving a bottle of RB with "To Jeff & Ira, Happy Hannukah" on the label.

I was going to send in the mail order for the Father's Day label, but the claim is that if you do it online, you get TWO labels. Sounds great - unless they give you an invalid code to use!

I'm also jealous of those of you who got those RB playing cards that I don't even remember being offered. I would renounce my citizenship in the RB Society, but I know I'd still have WT products on my bar. Kind of undermines the statement of protest.

I know I'd still have WT products on my bar. Kind of undermines the statement of protest.

I have WT products as well, because they make good bourbon. Russell's Reserve is a great bourbon for the price. It's not the bourbon I have a problem with, it's the conglomerate that owns Wild Turkey... Enthusiasts like ourselves do not get the 'personal' attention from Wild Turkey that we receive from other distilleries such as Buffalo Trace and Heaven Hill. Each time I wrote WT in the past, I get generic replies that are standard 'paste and send' emails everyone gets...

I got the playing cards, in a suede pouch, and three sets of Rare Breed labels.

I, actually, was surprised and impressed.

Eat your heart out! lol.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Although I'm still eating my heart out grin.gif at least I got a RB label in time for Father's Day. It was accurate, too. Looks like Dad will get a personalized bottle after all.

I guess I'll stay in the society for a little while longer!

• 2 weeks later...

I went the online route, and now I've received some labels -- a total of four, actually.

Two of them are exactly as I requested. One additional label had part of one of my inscriptions, stopping in mid-word, and the other extra label was blank in the inscription area.

I'll use the two correct labels to create the semi-humorous (if ridiculously anthropomorphic) illusion that two of my dogs bought me Rare Breed for Father's Day. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the other two.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.