What beer are you drinking 2021?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m calling it a week.  Picked up a 12 pack of Heineken this week.  It’s been awhile.  Man, I remember early in my career when I got my first job out of college and had a few bucks in my pocket, I’d splurge on a Heineken on special occasions or nice dinners out.  I felt like Mr Big Shot.  😁. It didn’t taste like the American beers I drank.  It had a more silky smooth mouthfeel, maltiness, creaminess.  It was more expensive, but it tasted so, too.  Doesn’t quite resonate with me in that way now, but it’s still a nice beer.  

B569DDDD-9DD3-4876-B2E0-88EF7009771D.jpeg

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I’m calling it a week.  Picked up a 12 pack of Heineken this week.  It’s been awhile.  Man, I remember early in my career when I got my first job out of college and had a few bucks in my pocket, I’d splurge on a Heineken on special occasions or nice dinners out.  I felt like Mr Big Shot.  😁. It didn’t taste like the American beers I drank.  It had a more silky smooth mouthfeel, maltiness, creaminess.  It was more expensive, but it tasted so, too.  Doesn’t quite resonate with me in that way now, but it’s still a nice beer.  

B569DDDD-9DD3-4876-B2E0-88EF7009771D.jpeg

My brother in law was visiting last week and we were talking about how back in the day before the craft beer movement how big a deal it was to get a Heineken or a Pilsner Urquell.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

My brother in law was visiting last week and we were talking about how back in the day before the craft beer movement how big a deal it was to get a Heineken or a Pilsner Urquell.

Exactly!  Before that, the only upgrade was Michelob.  But, more cache with something “Imported”.  

Asahi “Super Dry”.  According to the label, this is brewed to the authentic Japanese recipe to deliver its dry, crisp taste and quick clean finish.  It is known as “Karakuchi” in Japan.    So, makes perfect sense that the label also states that this Japanese beer with Japanese style, and a label full of Japanese writing, is brewed and packaged in Rome, Italy by Peroni and imported by Asahi in Torrance, CA.   🤪

CE7AA634-FF28-4291-AC77-B0DFED21EDD0.jpeg

824AAC9D-5EFB-4815-8E69-CE5768D31CEC.jpeg

• I like it 1

Bearded Iris out of Nashville. I’m so glad we in Memphis are now getting shipments. Blown away how good their offerings are. 

D9EF1CE0-D3EA-4920-B039-D03F16ECD2FC.jpeg

• I like it 1

Nice and drinkable on this Saturday afternoon, if a bit too sweet for my tastes right now.  Citrusy orangy is pleasanty... 🤪. Needs a bit more wang to it.  

BFA1B8B0-8E84-46BF-939C-2CF8B6466F30.jpeg

I tried two new ones yesterday - Narragansett Lager and Breckenridge Nitro Irish Stout (brewed in CO).

The Narragansett is your typical American lager.  It's decent, no surprises.

The stout is in a can charged with nitrogen gas.  If you've ever had one one of these types of cans, it comes out very creamy, with the tiniest of bubbles.  It's different than the usual CO2.  It almost seems flat until you get used to it.  The stout has flavors like black coffee and dark chocolate.  In the Irish style, it's dry rather than sweet. 

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, PaulO said:

The Narragansett is your typical American lager.  It's decent, no surprises.

The beer is good but I love the glass.  Picked a set of them up at the antique mall today before seeing your post.  It's a label with some history.

IMG_6901.thumb.jpg.35e4b46d2679f0c3d0c57c215017f122.jpg

• I like it 1

That’d be a RedHare IP Radler in the glass.  More significantly, that sweet piece of electronic wizardry’d be my radio with a Braves Spring Training baseball game coming out of it.  I KNEW those cranes yesterday were a good omen!!!  😂

A12EF7CC-5EAA-48FF-BACB-F55E409F278F.jpeg

• I like it 1

After getting hammered with snow in February, this temporary warm-up has me thinking of Spring just around the bend.  As such, I've been craving some big juicy New England Style Double IPAs.  Been trying a bunch of local beer lately; today's choice is:  

Stubborn Beauty - Nummy Nummy

Double IPA · 8.1% ABV 

Stubborn Beauty Brewing Company · Middletown, CT. 

stubborn-beauty-nummy-nummy-2.jpg.1989d205336419241500c86068b79d0f.jpg

Edited by Guss West

The cherry trees in the neighborhood are popping... May plant one this fall to keep the dogwoods and magnolia company.

PXL_20210302_235430829.thumb.jpg.5ada1b1192237cb5c4ef7bfa491c4359.jpg

• I like it 1

On 2/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, smokinjoe said:

That’d be a RedHare IP Radler in the glass.  More significantly, that sweet piece of electronic wizardry’d be my radio with a Braves Spring Training baseball game coming out of it.  I KNEW those cranes yesterday were a good omen!!!  😂

A12EF7CC-5EAA-48FF-BACB-F55E409F278F.jpeg

No mention of Rusty Wallace? That dates you! 

8 minutes ago, MM818 said:

No mention of Rusty Wallace? That dates you! 

Well, I figured we all could read... 🤣

Nothing screams it’s the start of a wild weekend quite like a Stella in a red Solo cup....  😂

CE01668F-302D-4B49-8289-E345573A02B8.jpeg

• I like it 1

56 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Nothing screams it’s the start of a wild weekend quite like a Stella in a red Solo cup....  😂

CE01668F-302D-4B49-8289-E345573A02B8.jpeg

Well hello Mr Fancy Pants!

55 minutes ago, beasled said:

Well hello Mr Fancy Pants!

Heehee!  Ja, y’all!!!  🤪

This is actually very good. Enjoying after a run through the Santa Monica mountains. Light, crisp, refreshing. Just as advertised! 

0CBC8492-3589-4946-A365-3BC8D550FBF3.jpeg

Generally speaking, I hate professional basketball in the NBA, and have little interest in the Atlanta Hawks, though I guess I could jump on a fan bandwagon for them should they....like...win a championship... 😏. But like the magpie of lore, I am drawn to shiny objects and this Hawks Budweiser can was that.  I like a cold Bud on occasion too, so home came the 20 pack!  🤪

26DB5960-1599-4CB2-A0C6-9FA17F0FFD27.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, smokinjoe said:

Generally speaking, I hate professional basketball in the NBA, and have little interest in the Atlanta Hawks, though I guess I could jump on a fan bandwagon for them should they....like...win a championship... 😏. But like the magpie of lore, I am drawn to shiny objects and this Hawks Budweiser can was that.  I like a cold Bud on occasion too, so home came the 20 pack!  🤪

26DB5960-1599-4CB2-A0C6-9FA17F0FFD27.jpeg

Do NOT bring any of that shit on Friday. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.