What beer are you drinking 2021?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Of the Trader Joe's beers, there is one that doesn't work for me - Boatswain American I.P.A.

The taste profiles of I.P.A. can be all over a spectrum.  There are two flavors occasionally found that ruin it for me - pine tree, stale black coffee type bitterness.

I really like the Boatswain Double I.P.A. (not similar to the other above), H.L.V. Ale, and Simpler Times Lager.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Cold IPA on a hot afternoon.

Perfect!

59243F8F-2202-45AA-815F-4F413F021BA2.jpeg

Troegs is a great brewery.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

I really am a complete sucker for certain commemorative releases of stuff in general.  Well, I have given in to accepting the fact I like these kinds of things, if they resonate with me. And, so it was today when I saw a local brewed Pilsner commemorating ATL Hometown Hero Henry Aaron at Total Wines.  And, on a hot, sunny, and muggy Georgia afternoon, here Down South, a well made Pilsner with a light ABV (cleverly produced at 4.4% 🔨)is a good hydration vehicle.  

2B5FB626-6EAE-4AE0-8A36-740F85CEC9C2.jpeg

92B536E1-95C1-48D3-ADA3-D1384D5648C5.jpeg

• I like it 6

Couldn’t resist this one, either… 🤪

Popping this for 9th, and hoping Braves can hold on while knowing Braves wrecker Ryan Zimmerman might make it to the plate.  

AB3B85B2-F81D-42B0-B1EE-E4EA920BD6B2.jpeg

Picked this one up Friday. It's really good but I get way more caramel and vanilla so to me it really doesn't have that "old fashioned" taste that the back label touts. The label mentions hints of cherry and orange but they are VERY subtle while the barrel aging takes center stage. It interestingly does not mention the base beer but I'd say its a brown ale to start. I think I'd have enjoyed it more if they had just said it was a barrel aged brown ale.

20210808_185005.jpg

I'm so glad I discovered this brewery.  It doesn't get the attention of the heavy hitters like Trillium and Treehouse but it's closer to me, and I've been a fan since I ordered a sunny afternoon draft of their Invisible Airwaves at a local bar.  This is an IPA brewed with oyster shells and some lemongrass and it's perfect summer suds.  Low bitterness and 6 percent but lots of flavor and easy drinking.  I need to get a few more cans before the heat clamps down later this week and I start sweating over the grill.   There's a wild turkey in the freezer that will take some doing.

IMG_7989.thumb.jpg.ee2649f0b0192a594b19fea102941a0d.jpgIMG_7993.thumb.jpg.cb53ec2d2147284aa1d0602b99303b20.jpg

• I like it 1

Had a few Grayton 30A IPAs left over from our trip to Destin in June.  It’s OK, but nothing special.  But, it does bring back good memories of time on the Beach!

88166FD0-8C9B-4506-BB56-7BBDF0CDCC27.jpeg

• I like it 1

Good grill beer.  Better when I had it on tap in Healdsburg but still worthwhile after two and a half months in the can.  

IMG_8127.thumb.jpg.18d0ba533ba1896f89bab4f268b26dc2.jpg

This isn't bad..but too subtle for my taste. I like my Porter with a little more richness and the raspberry is there on the nose but really lacks the tartness in the beer.

I think I'm spoiled by too many barrel aged stouts.

20210819_193150.jpg

On 8/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, Clueby said:

This isn't bad..but too subtle for my taste. I like my Porter with a little more richness and the raspberry is there on the nose but really lacks the tartness in the beer.

I think I'm spoiled by too many barrel aged stouts.

20210819_193150.jpg

Try the standard version without the raspberry.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

Yup.

I picked up a couple of new to me Oktoberfest beers.  Ah - Marzen, one of my favorite styles of beer.

First up, Narragansett Fest Marzen Lager (in a 16oz. can).  This I like: reddish cast to it, malty, easy to drink. 👍

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

Ah - Marzen, one of my favorite styles of beer.

👍

Couldn't agree more!  Haven't drunk 'em yet but laid in my favorite yesterday.

IMG_8158.thumb.jpg.d2e577da4143686f93414af518e7a765.jpg

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, flahute said:

21 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Yup.

I've had the standard but it's been a while. I know I prefer Founder's porter but I remember Deschutes being "richer".

Now on to Founder's Oktoberfest out of Grand Rapids, MI.  I like this one too.  It's a slightly malt forward version of regular lager beer, but that's what I expected.  Bonus is it comes in a 15 pack.

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

I like Arches, and I love this beer.

PXL_20210827_215613772.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.abcaa0a3b76c1a78da7f3a5fa3e16adf.jpg

Hmmm.  Love the color, and it’s local.  Entering my favorite beer time of the year, and I like the looks of this.  I’ll be on the lookout for it!.  Thanks for the heads up!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, dad-proof said:

I like Arches, and I love this beer.

PXL_20210827_215613772.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.abcaa0a3b76c1a78da7f3a5fa3e16adf.jpg

MMMMMMMMMarzen!

• I like it 1

I have this habit of getting a PBR on draught if the place we are eating at has it available. I have done it forever. It reminds me of my youth when my friends and I drank copius amounts of it. Good times and great memories. Occasionally I'll buy a 12 pack instead of my steady diet of craft beers. This weekend was one of those times.

Prost!! Phil 

20210821_164556.jpg

• I like it 4

🎵 It’s the most wonderful tiiiiime of the beer yeeeeaaarrr!!!  🎼 

Sam Adams Octoberfest leading it off for me, again this year!  

EDD444BE-1F84-42C0-AB66-8F940F83963E.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.