What beer are you drinking 2021?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy Thanksgiving Beer People! Out back worrying about my smoker as the Santa Ana’s blow. Very enjoyable low ABV crispy deliciousness. It’s about the pace today! 

40055A8F-9F5B-4A57-9E76-1B04581A2797.jpeg

• I like it 1

Over the years, the promise of this beer’s label has far outshined its reality on my palate.  I decided to pick up a six pack for Thanksgiving, and am just loving it.     

2A68F904-277D-4665-B78A-99FD1C56B6BA.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 11/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, bourbon-n00b said:

Has anyone tried this? 

SmartSelect_20211111-165534_Gmail.jpg

https://whiskeyraiders.com/bourbon/new-belgium-oakspire-four-roses-beer-bourbon/

Having had this,  I concur with this review.   Good beer and I'm happy that I bought it.  If you are looking for a heavy bourbon experience, you may be disappointed. 

There are some, but it's more of a supporting player,  adding complimentary notes vs taking an up-front and more dominant role.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up some things on my work day  to-do list with this years SweetWater Festive Ale.  I typically like this most years, and this 2021 is no different.  The ones that go bad for me is when it gets too strong with the black licorice notes.  They can dominate the otherwise nice mixture of spices they use.  This years is very balanced and very good.

EE0F0F2C-EB14-4B48-A412-C9564AE4043A.jpeg

• I like it 1

So I have good news and back new. The good news is that I’m bringing the beer. The bad news is that I only have one bottle for us to share. 

seriously, I always have Corsendonk around Christmas. Unfortunately there was none to be found in our area due to the shipping issues. My local liquor store had 2 of these so I picked up one. 

00721E62-D4CD-424A-A861-ADCCF31C8A86.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.