Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy New Year.

Time for a new thread.

Goodbye old friend.  You will be missed!

AB288904-6339-4D49-B2F3-55E7FDCBE509.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 5

This isn’t even close to the most interesting thing happening today, but it happened.

Really darn good.

Arguably an equal rival for GTS.

2B8FA7B1-C13F-4962-A872-CC7E831102FD.jpeg

Edited by 0895
Yes Im still using the same glass. Yes I washed it in between. :)
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

This isn’t even close to the most interesting thing happening today, but it happened.

Really darn good.

Arguably an equal rival for GTS.

2B8FA7B1-C13F-4962-A872-CC7E831102FD.jpeg

That one has to hurt, unless you have one bunkered.  Which would make you very lucky.

15 minutes ago, AlfaLarreo said:

That one has to hurt, unless you have one bunkered.  Which would make you very lucky.

... or just really smart the past two years 😉

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

... or just really smart the past two years 😉

I guess you’re not telling how you managed that.

• I like it 1

I need support, for an empty box, of bottles.....

I moved recently (11/30). Great opportunity, need renovations but the new house is going to be amazing eventually. But, as I have unpacked and settled in for 5 weeks, I have finally come to the conclusion that one of my boxes of whiskey is just not here. How could it have happened? Could it still be hiding somewhere? Several searches tell me I’ll never know, and imm not going to find it. What was in the box? 12 bottles of Four Roses store picks. At least 4 of them were from my favorite barrel. Thankfully I had one bottle from that barrel in another box, but this will go down as by far my worst loss of whiskey.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

I need support, for an empty box, of bottles.....

I moved recently (11/30). Great opportunity, need renovations but the new house is going to be amazing eventually. But, as I have unpacked and settled in for 5 weeks, I have finally come to the conclusion that one of my boxes of whiskey is just not here. How could it have happened? Could it still be hiding somewhere? Several searches tell me I’ll never know, and imm not going to find it. What was in the box? 12 bottles of Four Roses store picks. At least 4 of them were from my favorite barrel. Thankfully I had one bottle from that barrel in another box, but this will go down as by far my worst loss of whiskey.

Oy!  Hopefully it eventually reveals itself.  Did you use movers to transport your stuff?

10 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Oy!  Hopefully it eventually reveals itself.  Did you use movers to transport your stuff?

I only had friends and family moving me in. However, the sellers hadn’t moved out on time, so there was overlap for a few days where they were in and out, and they were getting divorced and each had their own set of professional movers. So, a variety of people could have grabbed that box which is why I am now assuming it’s a goner 

23 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

I only had friends and family moving me in. However, the sellers hadn’t moved out on time, so there was overlap for a few days where they were in and out, and they were getting divorced and each had their own set of professional movers. So, a variety of people could have grabbed that box which is why I am now assuming it’s a goner 

Ay caramba! Phone calls would be made escalating to doors kicked in if I were looking at a similar circumstance. Good luck!

20 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I would tell your realtor, who would tell theirs, who would tell the sellers.  Still may come to anything, but it's worth a try at least. 

• I like it 2

So long 4R single Barrel KE 29 6 I , it was a pleasure knowing you. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

675AA9EC-64A3-4C36-8EC9-77AF736E8B30.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, RT Fan said:

So long 4R single Barrel KE 29 6 I , it was a pleasure knowing you. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

675AA9EC-64A3-4C36-8EC9-77AF736E8B30.jpeg

Flahute has said it many times, and he is spot on.  Four Roses is churning out some fabulous standard Single Barrel right now.  

• I like it 5

Finished of my bottle of Larceny, always have some Larceny in your heart. Part of my nefarious plan to make room in my liquor cabinet for the ginormous bottle of Willet in the bullpen.

4DEE2E19-6A38-4198-90CD-8F1571641E43.jpeg

Not a classy picture, but it’s going in the trash can. I Really like HM10y, especially when it’s a good one.  A6D34EEC-004F-48FD-8AC1-504333FF7138.thumb.jpeg.c3c8ef9a3910c32c506e8518e15829c9.jpeg

• I like it 1

A healthy final pour to sip on while cleaning the house a bit.

The delicious aromas from the glass are only bested by the LCD Soundsystem album playing in the background.

Sad to see this one go, but knowing me, I probably have another.

856AD5ED-5750-4B63-B0D2-CC8286E36670.jpeg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

The delicious aromas from the glass are only bested by the LCD Soundsystem album playing in the background.

Wish I'd gotten in on SAOS when they still were putting out 11 yo MGP stuff.  The new 5yo MGP releases are pretty good though, IMO. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

856AD5ED-5750-4B63-B0D2-CC8286E36670.jpeg

Over the years you’ve shown your balance game to be very strong.  😁

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Over the years you’ve shown your balance game to be very strong.  😁

895 has balance skills of a Cirque du Soleil troop member. 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

Today saw the last pour of the Lot B I opened to celebrate our 12yr anniversary back in October. Wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad either. Off to open the next bottle and trying to think about which bottle from the bunker I will use for the 13yr anniversary this year.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Wish I'd gotten in on SAOS when they still were putting out 11 yo MGP stuff.  The new 5yo MGP releases are pretty good though, IMO. 

Truth!

One of our locals got one last year that just totally turned me right on.

Drank the hell out of that bottle.

It’s midnight and my wife decided to have a dance party with her brother in our living room.

Who am I to object?

She even brought out her LED party light from her old DJing days.

Oh, and this 4R PS OESQ bit the dust just now 🤷‍♂️

3682A6E4-6A6A-4B98-AD32-2694CAA01101.jpeg

8 hours ago, elmossle said:

Today saw the last pour of the Lot B I opened to celebrate our 12yr anniversary back in October. Wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad either. Off to open the next bottle and trying to think about which bottle from the bunker I will use for the 13yr anniversary this year.

That's an easy one, D. - Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 13yr Rye!  All we have to do is find you one (was this a hint???)!   🥳

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.