Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This bottle of Four Roses “Yellow Label” which is no longer “Yellow” sacrificed itself for the cause of a batch of home made egg nog. A family tradition dating back to the mid-50’s, at least. Not sure when Four Roses first posted their recipe but that is the one I use. I will post it here. First I double the recipe and I use half and half instead of bothering with the heavy cream and milk. i also use as little less sugar than the recipe calls for, got to watch the weight this time of year, don’t you know. 

74D62F4D-93FE-4B93-95A8-961C3E3C622F.jpeg

5F6D3E6E-5E8F-4A88-8447-68D79B291793.jpeg

• I like it 7

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Throat getting better @Kane?

Biba! Joe

Thanks for asking! Certainly not stopping me from enjoying the holidays with simple & solid pours.

• I like it 3

Made Sazeracs for the first time for this years cocktail and I have to say, they were exquisite.  I had also made some large clear ice cubes in advance before I actually read the cocktail recipe and learned it is served chilled n neat. I used a BP Rye over a large cube for the second batch and it was disappointing. I think because the melting ice diffuses both the Herbsaint on the sides of the chilled glass and also the lemon oils twisted on top. 

Polished off the bottle last night and it was/is a delicious barrel. Will pick up another bottle this week if they are still available.

Merry Christmas SB!

72CB0237-AA2F-4B38-832D-A7CA54733E2B.jpeg

• I like it 3

I'm happy to see this one go down.  I never warmed up to it and definitely would not buy it for $20/bottle.  Luckily it was a gift so I never felt bad about drinking it on the rocks with BBQ. 

IMG_4138.jpg

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Final pour tonight.  We spent the day packing away Christmas.  

FF24A42A-8FB2-46B1-9470-2093FF65943C.jpeg

Healthy sized pour!

• I like it 2

Haven't posted in a while. Have been on a slow-paced bunker beatdown for several years, and finally got below 300, actually below 270 bottles. The latest to be drained are attached; PHC Blend of Mashbills and RR Private Barrel Selection from somewhere.

Pat

20211229_202422.jpg

• I like it 5

On 12/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

Haven't posted in a while. Have been on a slow-paced bunker beatdown for several years, and finally got below 300, actually below 270 bottles. The latest to be drained are attached; PHC Blend of Mashbills and RR Private Barrel Selection from somewhere.

Pat

20211229_202422.jpg

I got to try that PHC once. Delicious. I searched & searched for a bottle, to no avail. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Finished off a bottle of MM101. I really liked this one, I will be opening up another one soon. As long as the MM101 is readily available , I will have one open on my bar. 

Cheers

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.