What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

4516D49C-4309-471B-A75C-4D59CBC19491.thumb.jpeg.6effd61f4a1a7449d9af12bcf82a6a9d.jpeg

I was really surprised by this one. I enjoyed it for what it is and especially enjoyed the price. 

• I like it 1

The MMCS I mentioned in various other places. The big surprise upon opening was finding a screw cap under that red wax, YESSSSS!!!!! Finally! a sensible closure instead of yet another dopey cork!! I dig the cork "THUNK" on occasion but when those damn things start disintegrating and have to be strained out and decanted into....a bottle with a f'n screw cap, I start getting a little tired of the pretense, more screwcaps, fewer corks already.

• I like it 3

EW 1783. My first. it's good mid-grade HH at a great price. Looking forward to trying it blind with EW SiB, EW white label BiB, Mckenna 10, EC SmB...

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

When one bottle dies, another rises in its place.

A27CB7B8-1C11-43BC-90A0-DA6F1AE83E43.thumb.jpeg.98d65748aa7f1ae1f40e88c45a05a6a0.jpeg

Maybe it should be when one bottle transitions another bottle fills the void.  Seems like the pour in that glass more than fills the void. 😜  As I like to say, we always want the next generation to exceed the one before it.

• I like it 2

Fifteen bucks for a 1L 3yo age-stated straight Kentucky bourbon. Leads off like a Jim Beam liquid, but has a very unusual black tea delivery and finish (albeit very short).

IMG_6908.thumb.jpg.f333a8cc744497dec708e79d471eed3f.jpg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Fifteen bucks for a 1L 3yo age-stated straight Kentucky bourbon. Leads off like a Jim Beam liquid, but has a very unusual black tea delivery and finish (albeit very short).

I've not had this one.  I'll look for it

On 10/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, Marekv8 said:

Scobeyville, NJ?  I believe that is the same distillery that produces Laird's Applejack.  I think I have seen that on their website but never seen a bottle anywhere.  I was figuring that it was a fairly limited distribution.

Sitting on this bottle for awhile, decided to open it.  Spec's store pick of JD SiB BP.  I'll have to compare it to the regular version at some point.

20211030_163512.jpg

• I like it 3

Seeing as I turn 40 on Monday, I figured it was high time and reason enough to break into some of the unopened hitters I’ve got laying around. First up….

2B47F98B-5F8F-43E5-9157-6FDDD2B2D0FE.jpeg

Edited by Rhettro
  • I like it 10

My baseball team just went down 1-3 in the world series. The JD SiB BP was good, but time for some more strong stuff.  Stagg Jr batch 5 works well enough.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Seeing as I turn 40 on Monday, I figured it was high time and reason enough to break into some of the unopened hitters I’ve got laying around. First up….

2B47F98B-5F8F-43E5-9157-6FDDD2B2D0FE.jpeg

Geez, I never got to taste the good stuff when I turned 40!  But then again, it was 33 years ago - shoulda' bought that barrel of Stitzel-Weller Pappy back then, too.  If I only knew . . . . . . .  😪

Happy Bithday, you young pup.  🥳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

Now technically I opened ‘er up yesterday for my 40th. But you know, life kinda got in the way, and I didn’t have a chance to post last night. So I figured, better late than never. 

845B87B0-87E9-4B88-ACB6-57C3EE85CD6E.jpeg

• I like it 15

On 11/2/2021 at 3:52 PM, Rhettro said:

Now technically I opened ‘er up yesterday for my 40th. But you know, life kinda got in the way, and I didn’t have a chance to post last night. So I figured, better late than never. 

That is a great bourbon right there.

• I like it 2

On 11/2/2021 at 5:52 PM, Rhettro said:

13 hours ago, flahute said:

That is a great bourbon right there.

Agree with flahute.

I’m not a big fan of the EC23, so when a buddy pulled this out, I was reluctant.

It’s really good.

I was definitely impressed.

Happy Birthday too!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Agree with flahute.

I’m not a big fan of the EC23, so when a buddy pulled this out, I was reluctant.

It’s really good.

I was definitely impressed.

Happy Birthday too!

Agree with everything @0895 said..including Happy Birthday!

• I like it 2

Purchased yesterday, and opened last night. Had 2 pours. First impressions...excellent. Thicker than I was expecting.

IMG_2556.JPG

• I like it 6

Opened this bad boy for the Mrs. amd me to celebrate my birthday.  This is my first bottle of this, and I am loving it already.  We were contemplating our first sips, and my wife immediately said "Snickerdoodles!"  As soon as she said it, I got the reference right away.  (One of my favorite cookies!)

WFP.jpg

• I like it 10

20 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

Opened this bad boy for the Mrs. amd me to celebrate my birthday.  This is my first bottle of this, and I am loving it already.  We were contemplating our first sips, and my wife immediately said "Snickerdoodles!"  As soon as she said it, I got the reference right away.  (One of my favorite cookies!)

WFP.jpg

Happy happy, amigo. It appears you’re making a good one. 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.