What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying some Sazerac Rye this evening. Don't often venture into rye much these days. 

Decently priced here, £35ish, and widely available. Good stuff.

• I like it 2

Finally found my own EC Rye! Brought a friend home with it as well.

D04297B1-A4F2-4B6A-ADD2-60B2A7A8A185.jpeg

• I like it 3

I had to pack out an order with Master of Malt for free delivery and thought I'd try a sample of Sonoma Cherrywood Rye. 

I won't be buying a bottle, let's put it that way. 

Had never bought Sazerac though I've had it in bars...finally got a bottle this evening and enjoyed some tonight...I could get used to this.

• I like it 3

I hit the bunker and pulled out Rittenhouse BIB.  I'm having a pour to start the week end. 🙂

• I like it 1

On 4/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Mattk said:

I had zero owls. Guess I'm building that set too now. Batch one I think will be the difficult one. Also haven't tried the kc, thought I'd give it a spin this weekend.

IMG_20210430_155307.jpg

Did you try either Owl? I’m a fan of the pour just not the price on these. Batch 1 is my favorite but they’re all pretty good 

6 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Did you try either Owl? I’m a fan of the pour just not the price on these. Batch 1 is my favorite but they’re all pretty good 

I have had the fortune to have sampled #1,2,&3 in the past. I however didn't own any. I liked all of them. I figure I'll just work on completing the set. There are batch 4s everywhere right now.

On 5/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, Mattk said:

So I thought to myself, why not?

IMG_20210515_143619.jpg

I'm major catoctin fan.  It's a couple that both have chemistry backgrounds.  When they 1st started, I grabbed their white dog rye, smooth as patron, and been hooked ever since.  A regret, they had a pomegranate brandy for maybe $70/375 and I passed, and been wondering ever since.  Catoctin can be pricey but they deliver quality.

Knob Creek Single Barrel Select Rye, 115 proof, Virginia ABC pick, 6 year old.   1st impression hot and smooth at same time, hot on top and base of tongue yet silky smooth flavors on front of tongue.  Odd!  No aftertaste.  Over all impression poor or mediocre at best, give me an EC rye instead.  Normally I switch between lots of different sips for comparison, but tonight decided to hang with this rye to see where it goes.  Glad I did.  The heat quickly leveled out.  Initial flavor became more complex.  An aftertaste began to develop and became a lingering enjoyable experience.  Only problem is I just took a gulp forgetting 115 and it took breath away.  Price point $50 which I think good value.

20 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Knob Creek Single Barrel Select Rye, 115 proof, Virginia ABC pick, 6 year old.   1st impression hot and smooth at same time, hot on top and base of tongue yet silky smooth flavors on front of tongue.  Odd!  No aftertaste.  Over all impression poor or mediocre at best, give me an EC rye instead.  Normally I switch between lots of different sips for comparison, but tonight decided to hang with this rye to see where it goes.  Glad I did.  The heat quickly leveled out.  Initial flavor became more complex.  An aftertaste began to develop and became a lingering enjoyable experience.  Only problem is I just took a gulp forgetting 115 and it took breath away.  Price point $50 which I think good value.

I love it and wish I had bought a couple more bottles. I didn't want to take the chance that the distillery picked a dog for the Va ABC.  It's always a crapshoot with those ABC "picks"

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

KC12

The friggin' Caps are driving me to drink!!

20210521_202907.jpg

Umm wrong topic. But we post on the bourbon topics, so we'll let it slide. Also bottle kill...

IMG_20210521_221625.jpg

Happy fRyeday. Sipp'n on KO Rye. I so like this whiskey. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Umm wrong topic. But we post on the bourbon topics, so we'll let it slide. Also bottle kill...

IMG_20210521_221625.jpg

Whoops! 

The green label fooled me!

2 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Happy fRyeday. Sipp'n on KO Rye. I so like this whiskey. 

Cheers

So, I am noting some similarities between this KO Rye and RRSIB Rye & WTRB Rye. Hmmmmm.  

I wonder..........

More research is needed.....I volunteer!!  😀

Cheers 

A four year MGP rye at 50% ABV from the Proof and Wood folks. Well worth the $21.00 price tag.

IMG_6186.thumb.jpg.8e485c9651ce470cfdfcbf58f21b9041.jpg

• I like it 2

The full rye line-up from today-- the single barrel Sazerac should be interesting.

IMG_6185.thumb.jpg.75b7befad1836eee1c45b6907d7df595.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

The full rye line-up from today-- the single barrel Sazerac should be interesting.

IMG_6185.thumb.jpg.75b7befad1836eee1c45b6907d7df595.jpg

The single barrel Saz have been good. I have tried 4 different store picks. I still haven't got the one I helped pick yet. They are waiting till the store opens back up from the Hurricane damage to release it. 

20 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

The single barrel Saz have been good. I have tried 4 different store picks. I still haven't got the one I helped pick yet. They are waiting till the store opens back up from the Hurricane damage to release it. 

How did you fare with this week’s flooding— so unexpected. Hope all is well in Lake Charles. 

Opened up a Michter's barrel strength rye.  It's been awhile,  probably over a year, since I killed my last bottle.  I think I picked up this particular bottle in 2017 in a small town, and believe it had been sitting around for awhile. Ahh those were the days

• I like it 1

Now sipping some JS SiB BP Rye while listening to some Neil Young.  Good combo.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.