What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Mattk said:

And some more action.. 

IMG_20210618_202201.jpg

That Hochstadter’s FR is one of my most favorite bottles. Still have not tried the JDSB Rye yet tho. 

Stopped by a new shop today and on the way out, I thought I might as well see what they had behind the register.  The guy offered me this at well below MSRP.  I've never seen a Parker's Heritage bottle on sale and I certainly didn't think I'd stumble across one today.  Anyway, I'm glad to have it and to discover that there's still some good hunting out there.  

IMG_7574.thumb.jpg.b006f01e44d0fff7ac83834a0ce52df9.jpg

• I like it 6

20 hours ago, 0895 said:

Brought this one home with me today.

75528F21-5E0D-422F-95B4-E679819E98EB.jpeg

Let me know your thoughts.

Purchased and or gifted, and drinking.its been a budget friendly couple of weeks.

IMG_20210624_183314.jpg

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Mattk said:

Let me know your thoughts.

I’ve actually tried a sample, thus the decision to purchase.

😁

Also, since the Lot 40CS has kinda dried up for me, this is the next best thing!

Edited by 0895

This is excellent. Wow. 

9898D350-FD76-4297-9326-DEAE50B4E651.jpegAlso, I’m sad to see the Sagamore run dry. It was.. fantastic!

9846D276-70A5-4311-A932-4A363615693D.jpeg

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

Drinking some PHC heavy char rye. In a world of overhyped LEs this release wasn’t One that  the tater world went nuts about. Fine by me, as it tastes pretty good regardless of the level of Instagram flexing 

• I like it 3

Woodford Reserve.

I'm not a fan of other iterations of Woodford Reserve, but I think the rye is very good. 

20210702_200631.jpg

• I like it 1

Opened a bottle of WT101 Rye I purchased recently.  It has been a few years since I bought a bottle since the one liter is $44.99 in my area.  However, the 750 ml is around $22 and the one I grabbed was 20% off.  I  am not sure why the extra 250 ml is $22.99 more but I am not one to quibble.  Just opt for the bargain.

While barely a rye whiskey at 51%, unlike other closer to bourbon ryes, this one is different.  The finish always makes my lips tingle.  I absolutely love it.  

• I like it 3

I bought a few ryes today. Would have been another but WT 101 rye has completely vanished from the shelves at all my regular spots.

IMG_20210709_190852.jpg

• I like it 2

I have been sipping some 4R PS OESQ bourbon.  But it dawned on me why this store pick bourbon tastes a little bit off.  Tonight it hit me that it has notes similar to a Kentucky barely legal Rye whiskey and less like a bourbon.  Not that it's a bad thing, but just weird and it threw me off. 

Well since this KSBW tastes more like a straight rye whiskey tonight, I figured my palate was conditioned well for rye. 

So I just decided to go all in and pour a real rye, one of the better ones I've got.

Whistlepig 15 year private barrel pick.  The finish on this one is luscious.  Not a word I normally use to describe whiskey but it works for the finish of this pour tonight.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

Earlier today I was at a buddies house next to a nice store with a bar attached. Of course I stopped in. At the bar I had a 2oz pour of 2019 saz 18. Then on the way out grabbed a bottle of Rossville barrel proof.

IMG_20210711_164442.jpg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Mattk said:

Earlier today I was at a buddies house next to a nice store with a bar attached. Of course I stopped in. At the bar I had a 2oz pour of 2019 saz 18. Then on the way out grabbed a bottle of Rossville barrel proof.

IMG_20210711_164442.jpg

One of my favorites.

Enjoy!

• I like it 1

On 7/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, 0895 said:

One of my favorites.

Enjoy!

Interesting, I am not sure I have ever seen a Rossville Union Barrel Proof.  Earlier this year, I bought some Rossville Single Barrels which were priced at $24.99 which is 50% off the normal price.  The retailer was trying to move bottles they were stuck with when their annual whiskey event was cancelled in 2020.   Just curious what the BP normally runs.

Work has been crazy busy and just keeps getting busier.  Home chores aren't much better with a deck rebuild and yard work. 

Humid evening in Central Indiana but with moderate temperatures (upper 70s) so I went for a run, hydrated, and now enjoying a nice pour of WTR101.

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Interesting, I am not sure I have ever seen a Rossville Union Barrel Proof.  Earlier this year, I bought some Rossville Single Barrels which were priced at $24.99 which is 50% off the normal price.  The retailer was trying to move bottles they were stuck with when their annual whiskey event was cancelled in 2020.   Just curious what the BP normally runs.

I don't know the normal, but I payed $52

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.