What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well rye must be a thing because I've had Sazerac (a barrel pick nonetheless) and some Pikesville tonight.

• I like it 2

I had the good fortune of showing up at a local spot for happy hour. All whiskies were half price, so I ordered a double of thh.good fortune as it was blessed me with a sbs of 16 and 19 as there was only a pour left in the 16.

IMG_20210909_170332.jpg

• I like it 3

I'm digging WT 101 Rye.  So glad they brought this back after years of being gone.

I even saw Rare Breed Rye in the wild today $56. 🦃

• I like it 1

Had a company event at Hershey park today. The PA haul was pretty good. I was kind of surprised by the selection being so good at the state store. But chose to buy a few more of these.

IMG_20210912_191950.jpg

• I like it 4

Picked up an EC Rye this weekend and cracked it just before dinner tonight.  Not bad - need to do a blind SBS w/ Ritt BIB (same price these days, although 6 proof points lower).

• I like it 1

Sipping some WT101 and watching the Pirates cling to a fading lead against the Reds.   Up by 2 in the 8th.   Let's go, Bucs

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Whistlepig 10 bottle kill at the SkyClub... a triple courtesy of my new bartender buddy. 

9FA4B67E-8B8C-4816-B20E-B1CCAF7E63A5.thumb.jpeg.d043df94f826bd37f06cb3388026e1fd.jpeg

I always love the end of a bottle at a bar/restaurant, normally makes for a hefty pour. 

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

I always love the end of a bottle at a bar/restaurant, normally makes for a hefty pour. 

There’s a long standing tradition with the bar at my American Legion post. If you order a drink that empties a bottle, that drink is free. 🥃 FWIW, I’ve experienced this from both sides of the bar. I occasionally helped out by filling in at bartender there many years ago.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Out on the porch in a bit of rain and what walks up? A not so big raccoon looking to get out of the rain. Instantly thought, where’s mama? Baby sat at the door for a minute, scratched at the screen, and left when I tried to take a pic. Must have wanted some WhistlePig.

7399D49A-3BC3-4878-AB3B-F1881BCB6E13.thumb.jpeg.8a55c420f99362e50c5c8037ae958659.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 9/17/2021 at 8:00 PM, Kjbarth said:

Out on the porch in a bit of rain and what walks up? A not so big raccoon looking to get out of the rain. Instantly thought, where’s mama? Baby sat at the door for a minute, scratched at the screen, and left when I tried to take a pic. Must have wanted some WhistlePig.

7399D49A-3BC3-4878-AB3B-F1881BCB6E13.thumb.jpeg.8a55c420f99362e50c5c8037ae958659.jpeg

It’s a trap.  He’s not 21.  The racoon police would have been all over you.

You did the right thing running him off.

• I like it 1

A bit late but oh well... last Fryeday resulted in a pour of Dads hat BiB, bottles getting mighty low. I read awhile back that a certain run, and I think this bottle is included, was particularly spicy. That lines up with my impressions throughout this bottle so I don't know that I have really tasted their core profile. Once empty I'll hold off until I find a barrel proofer (hopefully sampled pre purchase which means an out of state trip) and resume exploring the DH catalog from that point.

This one was good, a mood pour as the spice was prevalent and I really enjoy spice, but this had some other side note that put it in the mood category vs. say, WP10 which has all the spice at 100% rye but I find that one enjoyable anytime, anyplace.

I've been making a real effort to drink up a bunch of my opens before cracking new bottles. And with much success. I present to you, a relatively low number of opened ryes.

IMG_20210923_150627.jpg

• I like it 3

Happy FRyeday 😀  I opened up with a wee pour of WTRB Rye.  Cooler weather just shouts a Rye whiskey to me.  Have a nice weekend. 

Cheers 

• I like it 3

Picked this one up because the young guy at the LS was wondering what it tasted like... only one way to find out...

719449ED-B3AB-422B-B443-7F44F95C5B13.thumb.jpeg.d82cc4aaec24cb5ff23c79fd85a79db9.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 9/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Mattk said:

I've been making a real effort to drink up a bunch of my opens before cracking new bottles. And with much success. I present to you, a relatively low number of opened ryes.

IMG_20210923_150627.jpg

How is that 1776?

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Picked this one up because the young guy at the LS was wondering what it tasted like... only one way to find out...

719449ED-B3AB-422B-B443-7F44F95C5B13.thumb.jpeg.d82cc4aaec24cb5ff23c79fd85a79db9.jpeg

How was that pour?  I absolutely love the Kevin Collaboration 2 whisky, but have not seen this one. 

52 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

How was that pour?  I absolutely love the Kevin Collaboration 2 whisky, but have not seen this one. 

I took it down to around 50% ABV and it really performed well. Great mouthful and delivery, but woefully overpriced. Basically a fantastic pour if someone else is buying.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

How is that?

I keep seeing it around.

I liked it just fine last night. The sherry finish is sweet and fruity. Usually I'm not one for a finished rye, but this one is acceptable.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

How is that 1776?

It's a young barrel proof mgp at a decent price point. Nothing more or less then you'd expect. So when the mood strikes it is exactly the proper rye. But there are many others like it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.