What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a couple pours of WT101 earlier, transitioned to KO Rye. 

I  really like this bottle. Some taste a plum note, I never taste plum. But, I do taste figs. Whatever.........I like. 

Happy FRyeday!

Cheers

• I like it 2

Out shopping for some Hershey porters for my wife and I spotted this on a shelf full of scotch. It was an instant buy. I'm pretty happy to have a couple of these bunkered.

IMG_20211002_131547.jpg

• I like it 6

On 10/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, Mattk said:

Out shopping for some Hershey porters for my wife and I spotted this on a shelf full of scotch. It was an instant buy. I'm pretty happy to have a couple of these bunkered.

IMG_20211002_131547.jpg

This one is a conundrum to me.  Opinions are personal, I get it.  But I seem to be on an island with this bottle.  I am the only person that I'm aware of that didn't like this at all.  it was all hot, over wooded , and bitter-ish.  At least 20 people tried my exact bottle and loved it.  Oh well.  I know I'm weird.  This is just another notch in the count column of weirdness. 

• I like it 3

Woodford Rye bottle kill at the ATL Sky Club. It’s going to be a looooonnnnng day.

E61DA985-B81B-4AA9-97D5-54157A661C32.thumb.jpeg.b7ab5366c8517a1691f5c73c1e61c4ed.jpeg

• I like it 4

WT 101 Rye for me tonight.  I like the new package design.  Still, I bunkered a couple of the recently discontinued turkey head label bottles.  The juice is the same, very good. 🦃

• I like it 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, Marekv8 said:

Woodford Rye bottle kill at the ATL Sky Club. It’s going to be a looooonnnnng day.

E61DA985-B81B-4AA9-97D5-54157A661C32.thumb.jpeg.b7ab5366c8517a1691f5c73c1e61c4ed.jpeg

Great choice!

This is the only Woodford product that I really, really like.

Listening to "It's Uptown" by George Benson (vinyl, of course) and sipping some Russell's Reserve 6 year old.    Life is good.

• I like it 3

Last week some friend and I went hopping around to different distilleries. Some id previously visited, and others I hadn't. The stand out of the trip was this Peerless SiB Rye, so I bought a bottle. It's definitely pricey, but it is a wonderful pour. 

The biggest surprise of my trip was the gin at Limestone Branch. I dont know much about gin, but I do know I thoroughly enjoyed theirs. 

20211013_195854.jpg

20211013_195905.jpg

• I like it 6

Finally saw one, and couldn't pass it up.

Was in a touristy LS in Annapolis so,  at $32.99, probably overpaid by a couple bucks. 

I love OOBIB, so let's see how the 114 stacks up.

20211015_191606.jpg

• I like it 5

Happy FRyeday!  Halfway through October, already.  You know what that means, LE season will be upon us soon, may you find a 🦄  in your backyard.  😀

Back on subject, I'm enjoying a KO Rye, that is near the bottom of the bottle. I have really enjoyed this one since the beginning. I look forward to the next KO Rye I open.  

Have a nice weekend, stay safe & healthy. 

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Changed Emoji
  • I like it 1

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Had another couple pours20211015_210420.thumb.jpg.6d3ab082dc60e0a34f9a26c5e89fddfe.jpg of the mintiest.rye.ever.  courtesy of @JCwhammie

I have a bottle of 2017 rendezvous that may be able to give it a run for it's money...

I took a bit of a country ride today. Stopped at well over a dozen stores and came home with this. I'm really happy to find some more of the KCCS. The Rossville was on sale, and the BTs we're at retail. Got the saz for myself and the ER for a good friend of mine. About to have a pour of the KC on this beautiful day.

IMG_20211016_122202.jpg

• I like it 3

On 10/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, Clueby said:

Had another couple pours20211015_210420.thumb.jpg.6d3ab082dc60e0a34f9a26c5e89fddfe.jpg of the mintiest.rye.ever.  courtesy of @JCwhammie

I am fascinated how different that SiB is to their BIB rye. It has a very deceptive nose. 

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 2

Did a little blind between the Blue Run Rye, EH Taylor Rye, and Pikesville Rye. Was able to get them mostly because of the Pikesville proof stood out (in a good way) and Blue Run seemed have a better finish and mouthfeel than the EH Taylor. I didn’t want to like it but I really did enjoy the Blue Run but when I can get the Pikesville at a fraction, I’m going Pikesville but the Blue Run was tasty and enjoyed it a lot more than the EH Taylor Rye. 

4DE1A049-5A27-4E77-B14A-AEADDAE81D37.jpeg

• I like it 4

17 hours ago, apt43bear said:

Did a little blind between the Blue Run Rye, EH Taylor Rye, and Pikesville Rye. Was able to get them mostly because of the Pikesville proof stood out (in a good way) and Blue Run seemed have a better finish and mouthfeel than the EH Taylor. I didn’t want to like it but I really did enjoy the Blue Run but when I can get the Pikesville at a fraction, I’m going Pikesville but the Blue Run was tasty and enjoyed it a lot more than the EH Taylor Rye. 

4DE1A049-5A27-4E77-B14A-AEADDAE81D37.jpeg

I love that bookshelf setup that you have going on in the background. Is that custom made?

Cheap Bastard was on the prowl today.  Bought two bottles of Rossville Union BIB for $16 each.  4 year old MGP rye at 100 proof, sign me up!

Already open one up while watching the Colts-49ers game.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I love that bookshelf setup that you have going on in the background. Is that custom made?

We got it at Costco. Though my wife is coming close to evicting these bottles from the shelves as our little one gets closer to walking age. Wants me to be able to find a cabinet that locks so may have to go the custom route for that. 

• I like it 1

Sipping on some 8 year old Willet Family Estate rye from the back of the bar.  Dang is this an outstanding sourced rye!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.