What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, apt43bear said:

We got it at Costco. Though my wife is coming close to evicting these bottles from the shelves as our little one gets closer to walking age. Wants me to be able to find a cabinet that locks so may have to go the custom route for that. 

Wait a F'n minute.  I don't care if that is custom made or from Costco.  That is a really cool book shelve, especially with the whiskey on it!  That cannot be diverted to actually storing books or toys.  You need to find a way to lock the room and preserve the endangered whiskey collection in its present location.  The free world depends on it.

• I like it 3

Seriously, when it comes to child proofing the home, there are some rooms/areas that just have to be off limits.  The only time child can be there is when you are watching them eyes wide open, ready to intervene in an instant.  Every day or two, it will be something else new they take an interest in.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Wait a F'n minute.  I don't care if that is custom made or from Costco.  That is a really cool book shelve, especially with the whiskey on it!  That cannot be diverted to actually storing books or toys.  You need to find a way to lock the room and preserve the endangered whiskey collection in its present location.  The free world depends on it.

I hear ya. Still negotiating as I think it looks cool too as shelves for whiskey! The only downside is that it was purchased when we moved into our house for decorative purposes but I just started putting whiskey there and she just went with it. Haha - a battle I am still trying to win. Though if the trade off to moving them means she won’t give me a hard time for all the purchasing…. I may have to pick my battles haha. Fortunately she has approved of the whiskey and wine hobbies (so far) haha. 

• I like it 2

Spent most of the afternoon at the beach on Ocracoke Island, NC.  Back at the house and listening to the Kinks "Lola Vs  Powerman and  The Money-go-Round"

Just finished off the "High West Double Rye!"   Might have to crack open the OGD114 and go to bed REAL early.......

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 2

I was having a pour of one of my favorites, again... But thought my view was pleasant. It's shaping up to be a nice fall out this way. Cheers.

IMG_20211027_181858.jpg

• I like it 4

Wild Turkey Rye just goes so well with Fall.  

73CA8D48-6FF9-4D9E-8D8D-04DDA1BA047F.jpeg

• I like it 10

28 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Wild Turkey Rye just goes so well with Fall.  

73CA8D48-6FF9-4D9E-8D8D-04DDA1BA047F.jpeg

Or spring . . . or winter . . . or summer . . . hell, I'd take that dusty WTR101 ANY time someone is offering!!

I followed up my barrel proof FRYL with some Baby Saz for absolutely no particular reason than it was there :) 

On 10/27/2021 at 2:04 AM, apt43bear said:

I hear ya. Still negotiating as I think it looks cool too as shelves for whiskey! The only downside is that it was purchased when we moved into our house for decorative purposes but I just started putting whiskey there and she just went with it. Haha - a battle I am still trying to win. Though if the trade off to moving them means she won’t give me a hard time for all the purchasing…. I may have to pick my battles haha. Fortunately she has approved of the whiskey and wine hobbies (so far) haha. 

Smart man, you are looking at the bigger picture.  If she decides that you need to move the whiskey, cardboard boxes are fine as long as you can continue to build your whiskey empire.  Women are great for some things but sometimes they make us have to use our brains to make the real decisions.  

The wifey decided to start watching Christmas movies on Netflix so I originally went with Angel’s Envy Rye. I don’t normally reach for this but the nostalgia from the Christmas spices note I get led to it. Also decided to open up a Midwinter Nights Dram. Two ryes that to me seem like opposite ends of the spectrum. 

34C3B3FB-5CFE-4CD8-BC62-DEC6DE7D63C5.jpeg

Edited by apt43bear
  • I like it 2

Barrell Seagrass while watching some UFC early prelims before the PPV. 

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 2

First pour of WT Rare Breed Rye.  I have to admit this is way better than I thought it would be.  Fortunately this is easily found around me at this time, so I may just have to put a couple of spares in the stash.

• I like it 3

48 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

First pour of WT Rare Breed Rye.  I have to admit this is way better than I thought it would be.  Fortunately this is easily found around me at this time, so I may just have to put a couple of spares in the stash.

Man, I love that rye.  It’s so good neat, that I don’t even like to put it in cocktails because I think I’m “wasting” it.  

• I like it 3

On 11/13/2021 at 6:05 PM, Kjbarth said:

Watching Purdue get hammered by OSU. WhistlePig 10 is calming my nerves.

354E8211-1278-413A-A1E1-AA921332E287.thumb.jpeg.dd1c224d037014f92655a884952b37d5.jpeg

Purdue fan?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.