What water of life did you purchase? - 2021

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the GBS St. Patrick’s meetup just around the corner, I went looking for a new bottle of Irish Whiskey.  Found a Writer’s Tears Inniskillin Ice Wine Cask finished.  

B6BAE106-C195-45B4-AD9F-8071727AA24C.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

Can’t post photos, but the new Talisker 30, Ardbeg Fermutation, G&M Tormore 13,  Laphroaig 10 CS, Redbreast PX and some wild Amari. 

• I like it 4

55 minutes ago, beasled said:

And yes, the Powers rebrand is horrendous.

The best thing I can say is "it could've been worse." 🤣

• I like it 1

50 minutes ago, BigRich said:

The best thing I can say is "it could've been worse." 🤣

The bottle itself is ok, a little bit Arran-esque. But the label looks like something from Clipart. :D

21 hours ago, beasled said:

The bottle itself is ok, a little bit Arran-esque. But the label looks like something from Clipart. :D

It really does look like something I would've done in PowerPoint back in '98.

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Cask a wildly inclusive net in NYC this week…

IMG_7720.thumb.jpg.7a44684852071de793aa5b648df794c6.jpg

Aaaaaaannnnd he’s back ladies and gentlemen!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 8:55 AM, Marekv8 said:

Cask a wildly inclusive net in NYC this week…

IMG_7720.thumb.jpg.7a44684852071de793aa5b648df794c6.jpg

I have been very curious about that Neisson that says in fine print that it is a "Special Bottling for Ed Hamilton". I have one that is the same or similar that was aged three years in Cognac and 8 months in ex-bourbon.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how I missed the media that Diagio is planning to raise prices significantly on a number of Scotch Single Malts later this year.  Specifically, Lavavulin 16 is going up 50%; among dozens of other favorites!  Yikes!!  

I went out looking for Arran and Laga; and with the mission to secure some additional daily sipper single malts before the next round of inflation hits.  I am pleased with the haul.  

Nikka FTB, Lagavulin 16, Lagavulin Offerman (from the "back room"), the Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair, Bunnahabhain Toiteach A Dhà, the Laphroig 10 gift box, a Glen Scotia 10 Peated, and the Glen Scotia 15.   

We're all about to see our bunkers increase in value another 20%+ this year.  Let's celebrate by reinvesting those "dividends" into more whisk(e)y!?  

Finally found another Red Breast 12 CS locally.  Thinking about popping this one to celebrate with St. Patrick.  Slainte!  

• I like it 3

On 3/15/2022 at 8:07 PM, Guss West said:

Don't know how I missed the media that Diagio is planning to raise prices significantly on a number of Scotch Single Malts later this year.  Specifically, Lavavulin 16 is going up 50%; among dozens of other favorites!  Yikes!!  

I went out looking for Arran and Laga; and with the mission to secure some additional daily sipper single malts before the next round of inflation hits.  I am pleased with the haul.  

Nikka FTB, Lagavulin 16, Lagavulin Offerman (from the "back room"), the Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair, Bunnahabhain Toiteach A Dhà, the Laphroig 10 gift box, a Glen Scotia 10 Peated, and the Glen Scotia 15.   

We're all about to see our bunkers increase in value another 20%+ this year.  Let's celebrate by reinvesting those "dividends" into more whisk(e)y!?  

Finally found another Red Breast 12 CS locally.  Thinking about popping this one to celebrate with St. Patrick.  Slainte!  

Do you have a link? Or just rumors?

3 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Do you have a link? Or just rumors?

Confirmed, not rumors.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:57 AM, BigRich said:

Almost at the end of March and the 2021 thread won't die.  🤣

Die hard gonna Die Hard!

I pick up a Amrut 10y Greedy Angels this week. I’ve been eyeballing this bottle for a few months.

90AD0A9D-4787-4C8A-948D-FFD39F9AEE58.thumb.jpeg.6e45590b19ae0457de968475a7834cdd.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.