NYT article about insta-aged whiskies

steven s
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I put this stuff in the same category as Fireball and Captain Morgan.  It's a bunch of chemicals assembled in a lab.  Granted, people buy a lot of artificial stuff nowadays, but not me.  It reminds me of my bartending class.  There were several cocktails - if you mix several different ingredients, it tastes just like ...  This was more a thing on college campus, not for folks with much knowledge of spirits.

Maybe I shouldn't compare this to Fireball and Capitan.

It's more like Seagram's Seven or Kessler, without the small portion of real whiskey in the blend. 🙂

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

Maybe I shouldn't compare this to Fireball and Capitan.

It's more like Seagram's Seven or Kessler, without the small portion of real whiskey in the blend. 🙂

LOL.  Reminds me of an EVENT that occurred a couple years ago in my favorite WashDC deli which also sells beer, wine, and spirits.  Two guys from, I guess, The American University up the street, were perusing whiskeys.  One guy says, "Let's buy this - Seagrams Seven.  My Dad used to drink this.  It's a good whiskey."  I could NOT stifle a BIG SNORT.  Somewhat offended, apparently, the Speaker said, "You got a problem?????"  I said, "Well, let's look at the label."  THANKS to the TTB, the label disclosed that it was only FLAVORED with whiskey.  The two guys looked at me, and, still somewhat defensive, asked, "SO!!! What would YOU suggest?"  I said, "Check out the label.  If it doesn't say, ""straight", then it has crap added.  If you are making crap punch, FINE.  But it'll cost, maybe,  two dollars more per 750 to get real bourbon or American whiskey."  Pointed them to the "Deli" brand 80 proof which I KNOW is HH 80.  Skeptical still, I popped for a 750 of the HH, grabbed three paper cups, and ushered them outside.  "Taste THIS!"  After doing so, they walked back inside.  As I pulled out of the parking lot, each guy was carrying a plastic bag with at least three bottles in it.

A STRIKE FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE HIT ITS MARK!!  Not bragging;  just reporting the facts.  As I remember them.B)

• I like it 7

I applaud you for your efforts in promoting quality whiskey choices to our inexperienced youth.  However, that kid probably went home for Fall break and called his dear ol’ dad a dumbfuck for drinking such shite for all these years!  🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I applaud you for your efforts in promoting quality whiskey choices to our inexperienced youth.  However, that kid probably went home for Fall break and called his dear ol’ dad a dumbfuck for drinking such shite for all these years!  🤣🤣🤣

Neither kid was my kid, so wtf should I care.  Otoh, maybe that Dad been feeding that kid S7 just to keep him out of the good stuff.  Ah, yes!  When I was a kid, my Dad and his post-WWII buddies would get together and grill steaks and drink CASES of beer.  We kids of the Greatest Generation would beg for steak and get pieces of fat.  OR, we’d get “tube steaks”, aka hot dogs instead of beef chunks.  I was maybe ten before I noticed those old fahts were laughing as they fed us.  Now that I’m an old faht, I consider payback to be a RIGHT!!!

18 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Neither kid was my kid, so wtf should I care.  Otoh, maybe that Dad been feeding that kid S7 just to keep him out of the good stuff.  Ah, yes!  When I was a kid, my Dad and his post-WWII buddies would get together and grill steaks and drink CASES of beer.  We kids of the Greatest Generation would beg for steak and get pieces of fat.  OR, we’d get “tube steaks”, aka hot dogs instead of beef chunks.  I was maybe ten before I noticed those old fahts were laughing as they fed us.  Now that I’m an old faht, I consider payback to be a RIGHT!!!

HOOYA!!! 🙇 👍🏻

A518B4FF-53A4-484A-A0A7-0BD4D1CA3E9C.jpeg

• I like it 3

Just now, smokinjoe said:

HOOYA!!! 🙇 👍🏻

A518B4FF-53A4-484A-A0A7-0BD4D1CA3E9C.jpeg

What’s your secret? Where’d you get that picture of me?:(:mellow:

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

What’s your secret? Where’d you get that picture of me?:(:mellow:

Easy!  It’s on the Mount Rushmore of SB members.  😇

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Easy!  It’s on the Mount Rushmore of SB members.  😇

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.