Koval Distillery (Chicago) owner opines on upcoming Amer. whiskey tariff increase

Harry in WashDC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sonat Birnecker Hart, owner and Pres. of Koval, has an opinion piece in today's (Thurs. 18 Feb 2021) Wash Post regarding the difficulties Amer. distillers, particularly craft distillers, are having, especially with foreign sales, due to the tariff disputes.  An increase in tariffs will become effective in June causing foreign whisky to cost more here and which she says will likely cause European countries to reciprocate causing prices on American whiskey prices overseas to increase.  Link is here - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/18/how-biden-senate-can-help-tariff-burdened-whiskey-industry/

OR, go to www.washingtonpost.com and search for Koval.

Her biggest problem is not the continuation or escalation of tariffs on American whiskey into the European market.  Rather, it is that her whiskey continues to suck.  

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Her biggest problem is not the continuation or escalation of tariffs on American whiskey into the European market.  Rather, it is that her whiskey continues to suck.  

🤣🤣🤣 There you go again. Beating around the bush and not telling us how you really feel.

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

True that, taxes, rising prices, or whatever won't stop fanboys from buying it anyway.  If product is trash, like Koval, you won't be able to give it away.  I'm sick of craft.

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I have a bottle just sitting around because I won't drink it and I would not give it to my friends to drink.
I don't drink with my enemies but if I did I am not even sure if I would give it to them... 😉

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

LMFAO & ROTF.  As you know, my wife is from Chicago area and gave me a bottle circa 2016.  THEN, about a week later, a local purveyor here offered me a taste from the same batch in case I wanted to buy another.  My "gift" is still unopened on the shelf.  Glad I've passed on later chances to see if it got better.  Sometimes I consider giving my wife some to drink the next time we have a fight.:angry:  But then I remember she is MUCH better than I am at "escalation".

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.