Article mentioning SB.com

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I could tell a long story, but for once I won’t. I’ll just say that IMHO, Mr. Jim Butler, aka ”The Boss”, should be in The Bourbon Hall Of Fame. No debate, cut and dried, ‘nuff ced. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 9

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I could tell a long story, but for once I won’t. I’ll just say that IMHO, Mr. Jim Butler, aka ”The Boss”, should be in The Bourbon Hall Of Fame. No debate, cut and dried, ‘nuff ced. 😎

Biba! Joe

Yes he should.

• I like it 6

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that the little inaccuracies always bother me the most when it involves the lore of all things VW? I’d love to know where this “distillery” is located, since there never was such a place in real life

The grandson of Julian “Pappy” Van Winkle, he had taken over the Old Rip Van Winkle distillery in 1981 when his father died. 

• 5 weeks later...

Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery is the name of the current company run by Julian for marketing Van Winkle.  It's location variously listed as Sazerac/BT and corporate offices which I think is: 113 Great Buffalo Trace, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, BottledInBond said:

Why is it that the little inaccuracies always bother me the most when it involves the lore of all things VW? I’d love to know where this “distillery” is located, since there never was such a place in real life

The grandson of Julian “Pappy” Van Winkle, he had taken over the Old Rip Van Winkle distillery in 1981 when his father died. 

The term "distillery", much like "small batch" has no defined legal definition. Places calling them]selves a "distillery" have been doing nothing more than slapping a label on someone else's liquor for years!

I would change that if I were elected dictator. I would be benevolent of course! Mostly...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.