What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I will get this started since Spring arrived early morning on Saturday.  I started Sping with these two.  The bottle of Larceny is a replacement.  I know that there are varied opinions regarding Larceny here but I find it to  good given the price point in my area (~$25).  Blade and Bow is on one of my favorites.  I can' find it in Michigan so my wife ordered it in for me (probably from the fatigue of hearing me whinge about emptying my last bottle).  I continue to find the price ranges to be surprising.  She bought it at $50 a bottle while one site lists it at $999 per bottle.

IMG_1382.jpeg

Ahhhh Spring.  Sorry that I missed this earlier.  I posted on the Winter thread.  

Old Forester Statesman on a nice Spring afternoon.  I literally “lost” this 1/2 drained bottle several weeks ago, but stumbled upon it in an out-of-the-way garage “location” over the weekend...I’m starting to feel like Harry...  😂

First taste today confirms what I alreadyknew.  This is my favorite Old Fo release.  

• I like it 2

Flag duty today. For the last 25 + years, whenever our American flag at work needed replacing, I’ve been tasked with helping bring the old flag down, and putting up a new one. The main reason for this is because the powers that be know that I’m a veteran, and that I will take our old flags to my local American Legion post to be disposed of properly. Mission accomplished. 🇺🇸 After dropping off the flag, I decided to stick around and have a drink. Surprise, surprise, they had Wyoming Whiskey, so I had a pour. One turned in to two, along with a few beers. :unsure: Funny how that happens.  

FWIW, social distancing protocols were observed.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 8

9 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

So I will get this started since Spring arrived early morning on Saturday.  I started Sping with these two.  The bottle of Larceny is a replacement.  I know that there are varied opinions regarding Larceny here but I find it to  good given the price point in my area (~$25).  Blade and Bow is on one of my favorites.  I can' find it in Michigan so my wife ordered it in for me (probably from the fatigue of hearing me whinge about emptying my last bottle).  I continue to find the price ranges to be surprising.  She bought it at $50 a bottle while one site lists it at $999 per bottle.

IMG_1382.jpeg

The blade and bow 22 year dropped in nearby VA recently, and was like 475 a bottle... Maybe this was the 1k you were seeing?

Picked this up the other day. It's my first go with Rebel. Binny's pick. Fingers crossed. 🤞

20210322_210900.jpg

• I like it 5

Being a long time scotch and Irish drinker and relatively new to borboun, I've purchased quite a bit of different borbouns recently (25 +). I keep coming back to the WT products. I really enjoy the rare breed and the rrsb the most. Belle Meade reserve is a nice bottle as well. 

• I like it 7

Is it Friday, yet..,  🥴

After a bruising Tuesday, a pour of HHBIB 6 year is in order.  It doesn’t need it, but oh, how a small cube of ice brings out a supple creaminess from this whiskey while not marginalizing it’s vitality.  

• I like it 2

Went to this thread for tonight's inspiration. Joe hit it right off the bat with Statesman. I'll call that and raise it. :) It's low but still got a couple more family size in the bunker.

IMG_1745.thumb.jpg.7e510027ad15848566fa8ab105a47edc.jpg

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Went to this thread for tonight's inspiration. Joe hit it right off the bat with Statesman. I'll call that and raise it. :) It's low but still got a couple more family size in the bunker.

IMG_1745.thumb.jpg.7e510027ad15848566fa8ab105a47edc.jpg

That I believe will be my next borboun purchase. I have not tried any of the OF's yet, but from what I have read here,  you can't go wrong with any of the offerings. I think Statesman will be what I end up purchasing. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Edd said:

That I believe will be my next borboun purchase. I have not tried any of the OF's yet, but from what I have read here,  you can't go wrong with any of the offerings. I think Statesman will be what I end up purchasing. 

Statesman is my Delta Sky Club pour of choice-- these posts are killing me as I want to get back to my chair at Laguardia Terminal D.

Still crazy at work. 🤯 Got home today, took the garbage out, and have settled in with a pour of MM 101. ☺️

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Been rainy day here and just couldn't decide what would be the best pour, so I turned to my old standby - Dant.   

• I like it 1

There have been some excellent “workingman’s” pours tonight. The last five or six posts have all made me say, “oh yeah, that’s a good one!”  

• I like it 4

On 3/23/2021 at 8:52 AM, Edd said:

Being a long time scotch and Irish drinker and relatively new to borboun, I've purchased quite a bit of different borbouns recently (25 +). I keep coming back to the WT products. I really enjoy the rare breed and the rrsb the most. Belle Meade reserve is a nice bottle as well. 

Although I usually drink OGD BIB, for some reason Lawrenceburg's products have really been satisfying me lately.  WT Rye 81 in Manhattans to cut down on wife's alcohol intake, WT KSBW 101 neat for me - including after dinner tonight - but just one 2 OZ before bedtime after having an Irish whiskey before dinner and wine with.  Hence, I can relate to your keeping "coming back" to WT products.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

OGD 114. I really like this. 

Then, RRSiB 110 after some chocolate chip cookies. 

Okay, I took one for team.  Sampled a zillion at $70 or less to compare to Coopers Craft $25.  2 Thomas Moores, couple high end WT's, EC12 pre-fire (unfair), Dickel Barrel Select, etc etc.  Came to 3 conclusions.

EC12 pre-fire is good, of course

Cooper's Craft super good value, grab it before they figure out what they have

Jack Daniel's barrel proof good, perhaps worth the price point, put it in the rotation

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

Jack Daniel's barrel proof good, perhaps worth the price point, put it in the rotation

the gold label single barrel, barrel proof, about $70

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Although I usually drink OGD BIB, for some reason Lawrenceburg's products have really been satisfying me lately.  WT Rye 81 in Manhattans to cut down on wife's alcohol intake, WT KSBW 101 neat for me - including after dinner tonight - but just one 2 OZ before bedtime after having an Irish whiskey before dinner and wine with.  Hence, I can relate to your keeping "coming back" to WT products.

Are you secretly a Lawrenceburg man?

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.