What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting the new seasonal thread, which is a bit fitting because I made my first purchase today since December 18th, so I went the entire winter season without a buy.  I would have kept the streak going but TW had a Blanton's for me that I had to pick up, and as tatery as it is I'll always take another one.  Also picked up a Barrell Bourbon batch 28 and Longbranch (to mix with Rare Breed to create Longbreed).  Time to start a new streak now!

• I like it 5

Picked up another bottle of a local store pick Chattanooga BP bourbon. I liked the one I have so decided to go back for more.

• I like it 1

Same old song and dance here. We had to go out, so I had to stop at a couple of places. 😗

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Same old song and dance here. We had to go out, so I had to stop at a couple of places. 😗

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

You bought a bunch of BT products? I can't believe it!

• I like it 5

I panicked a little when the first bottle started going down way too easy. Stopped at a couple Kroger’s and voila! Plenty of the new daily drinker.  I hope they all taste as good as the first bottle (all different laser codes) I’ll need a few more if they do since I don’t ever see this one back on Teh Region. 

~&11/750, ~$13/L, ~$5/375. They had handles but in plastic like the 375. 

4F30B58D-AE05-4A73-A01E-230BEF5347BA.jpeg

Ancient Age 80 proof is the new bottle we are hunting here. I love this place! I think I know what my next summer freezer bottle is going to be.

• I like it 5

On 3/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, flahute said:

You bought a bunch of BT products? I can't believe it!

I am fairly consistent huh. Be it good, bad or indifferent. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, flahute said:

Ancient Age 80 proof is the new bottle we are hunting here. I love this place! I think I know what my next summer freezer bottle is going to be.

I actually thought about throwing it in the freezer for my summer bottle to be honest. I just can’t make myself like any 4R product so I’ve never done the yellow label freezer thing, but AA has a yellow label so......it kinda counts??

Picked up a bottom shelf friend/neighbor for Mr. AA. ~$13/L otd (didn’t notice it was a 1L not a 750 till I got home). Never had the pleasure of trying the BiB version, I’ll have to settle for 36month/40% juice instead. 

The green label is def on the list for my next KY trip. 

F9797153-DC37-4EC4-80EE-3BEAB788068A.jpeg

• I like it 1

Dammit!!!  I’ve given AA a couple of chances.  Always fell short.  I’ve given up on it.   I don’t want to buy another bottle of AA!!  Not a single...friggin’ bottle!!! NONE!!!  NO!!!  

13 bucks for a liter, you say...🤨

Weeeelllll...

Cursed you!!!!!!  😩

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 5

35 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Dammit!!!  I’ve given AA a couple of chances.  Always fell short.  I’ve give up on it.   I don’t want to buy another bottle of AA!!  Not a single...friggin’ bottle!!! NONE!!!  NO!!!  

Weeeelllll...

Cursed you!!!!!!  😩

split one with ya.

😁

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Dammit!!!  I’ve given AA a couple of chances.  Always fell short.  I’ve give up on it.   I don’t want to buy another bottle of AA!!  Not a single...friggin’ bottle!!! NONE!!!  NO!!!  

Weeeelllll...

Cursed you!!!!!!  😩

Bahahahaha! Taste of your own medicine! It's all fosmith's fault.

Why does all this talk about AA and HH 80 proof have me wanting to go bottom(shelf) feeding?  

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, TwoFingers said:

Why does all this talk about AA and HH 80 proof have me wanting to go bottom(shelf) feeding?  

So tasty.... and the wallet loves it too! I think I’m all in at under $70 and have 5 bottles and a pint to show for it. That’s like two regular or 1 premium bottle money  in my neck of the woods. 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, TehRegion219 said:

So tasty.... and the wallet loves it too! I think I’m all in at under $70 and have 5 bottles and a pint to show for it. That’s like two regular or 1 premium bottle money  in my neck of the woods. 

I certainly have a soft spot for a couple of bottom shelfers.  I have a had some of the regular Henry McKenna which I thought was good for 80 proof.  Certainly are good on the wallet.

• I like it 1

I’ve yet to try the Dant, but JTS brown is pretty good as well. I think I’m on a bottom shelf binge as of late. 

I better get to spending my stimmy coins uncle Joe just gave me and I think I’ll give OF 80 proof a go tonight.  And if I’m feeling froggy, may run down across the river from cincy tonight. 

Edited by TehRegion219
I can haz speller gud
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

It’s arguably the only bourbon shopping that’s still fun.  

As soon as you pick up a bottom shelfer and start carrying it around, the taters ignore you, and store staff stop eyeing you up suspiciously.

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, flahute said:

Bahahahaha! Taste of your own medicine! It's all fosmith's fault.

You blame me now but you'll thank me later.  I've been seriously liking AA.  It wasn't just a one night stand.  Under $10/750 NAS and labeled straight so it's at least 4 years old.  Would love to try AAA but have literally never seen a bottle. 

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Weeeelllll...

Cursed you!!!!!!  😩

So, went back to TW to get more AA but they only had two bottles left so I "cleared the shelf" haha.  They had 1.75s for $17.54 so I got one of those.  That's the equivalent of $7.52/750.  Incredible! 

• I like it 2

Old Tub. 

Just in case it really is a limited release.  As I don't see local retailers restocking their shelves

• I like it 1

Not a bad haul for two stops. Was looking for the Dickel 15 year in a higher proof (I have the 42, this is 50), but the BT & the Smokewagon were unexpected. I’ve heard nothing about the SW, but figured it was worth a try @ $35. 

E3109BDE-6156-4195-9DB6-B1C9E532EF88.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, BDanner said:

I’ve heard nothing about the SW, but figured it was worth a try @ $35. 

Is that from the Las Vegas distillery?   I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about that one.  Haven't seen it here but I do get to Vegas every now and then.

8 hours ago, fosmith said:

You blame me now but you'll thank me later.  I've been seriously liking AA.  It wasn't just a one night stand.  Under $10/750 NAS and labeled straight so it's at least 4 years old.  

Unless you found an old bottle it should say “36 months” on the back side of the collar label

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, fosmith said:

You blame me now but you'll thank me later.  I've been seriously liking AA.  It wasn't just a one night stand.  Under $10/750 NAS and labeled straight so it's at least 4 years old.  

Just like VOB100/90, it has become a purchase on sight no matter how many I have at home. Great stuff, even better price!

all the bottles I bought have “Aged 36 months” on the neck label. And straight means at least 2 year old bourbon. 

4 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

Is that from the Las Vegas distillery?   I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about that one.  Haven't seen it here but I do get to Vegas every now and then.

Yes...Nevada based. This was the Straight Bourbon (They also do a Small Batch and Uncut/Unfiltered versions) at 92 Proof. It was not a bad buy at $35. Pretty simple but solid. Sweeter profile. Definitely don't regret the buy.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.