What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

And straight means at least 2 year old bourbon. 

It's more nuanced than that. Straight without an age statement is minimum 4 years old. Straight between 2 and 4 years requires an age statement.

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, BDanner said:

Yes...Nevada based. This was the Straight Bourbon (They also do a Small Batch and Uncut/Unfiltered versions) at 92 Proof. It was not a bad buy at $35. Pretty simple but solid. Sweeter profile. Definitely don't regret the buy.

Glad to hear it is a solid pour.  At least it isn't an unreasonable price.  I may pick one up next time I'm out there or if I find one around here. 

15 hours ago, webfoots said:

Unless you found an old bottle it should say “36 months” on the back side of the collar label

15 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

all the bottles I bought have “Aged 36 months” on the neck label. And straight means at least 2 year old bourbon. 

Dang!  You're right.  It says "Aged at least 36 months" on the neck label in small print right below the VT and IO bottle deposit refund info.  That's the sneakiest age statement I've ever seen... 

• I like it 1

A quickie trip about an hour away produced a decent haul. They had several store picks that I left because of budget. This will have to do...

20210401_115357.jpg.37fd8b3ddbcd09b5f8bc30e872cd6e7c.jpg

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

Dang!  You're right.  It says "Aged at least 36 months" on the neck label in small print right below the VT and IO bottle deposit refund info.  That's the sneakiest age statement I've ever seen... 

I agree. I recently started buying the Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. I was thinking, Straight NAS, at least 4 years old. So Double Ancient is at least a year older than Ancient Age. WRONG. I looked all over the bottle after seeing posts that said it was also 36 months, and the last look, just as I was sitting the bottle down, in small print with the same font as the "Return for Deposit" info, Aged 36 months. Oh, you sneaky BT Bastards. How can something be "Ancient Ancient" when it's the exact same age as the "Ancient"? That being said, the extra proof over the standard issue makes a world of difference. I still buy the Ancient Ancient 10 Star as one of my everyday pours.

S.E. Fl. is so lacking.  I find it a personal win, to pick up a bottle of Buffalo Trace, for @24.99, today. 

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

A quickie trip about an hour away produced a decent haul. They had several store picks that I left because of budget. This will have to do...

Nice grabs!  That is the first of the new 100pf OF SiB picks that I have seen.  That KC is a great pour. 

I was a little late today doing the grocery shopping.  Sam’s Club Liquor is rarely open when I’m around.  Since there has been quite a bit of discussion on the new Makers Mark Limited Release so I thought I would see if they had some.

They did and some Dickel 15 that I’ve wanted to try.  
While standing a checkout chatting with the clerk , I asked her if they ever received anything unusual.  She said sometimes.  Then she reached under the counter and asked if I wanted some Heaven Hill Select?
Hell yes!!!  I haven’t walked into this in over a decade.

6019FD22-154F-4A60-B0F4-5D74B5B6B98B.jpeg

9B4E4AEE-D5FE-42A5-8D5D-042C3FF5D416.jpeg

• I like it 5

7 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Nice grabs!  That is the first of the new 100pf OF SiB picks that I have seen.  That KC is a great pour. 

Thanx...

They also had a KC Sib pick, but I was afraid that the 12s would be my last shot for awhile so I grabbed both. I was excited for the OF SP and wanted a couple of those, alas the wallet wavered...

7 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I was a little late today doing the grocery shopping.  Sam’s Club Liquor is rarely open when I’m around.  Since there has been quite a bit of discussion on the new Makers Mark Limited Release so I thought I would see if they had some.

While standing a checkout chatting with the clerk , I asked her if they ever received anything unusual.  She said sometimes.  Then she reached under the counter and asked if I wanted some Heaven Hill Select?

Your Sam's looks much mo betta than mine. Maybe I need to give it another chance...

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

That is the first of the new 100pf OF SiB picks that I have seen. 

Same. Jealous @bayouredd
!

• I like it 1

New  L&K pick of Blanton's.  UCF, of course.   😋

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, fosmith said:

Have you seen The Mallet.  Straight Bourbon in big letters, age statement is in tiny hard to read cursive fake handwriting.  🐂💩🤬  

7 hours ago, BDanner said:

I agree. I recently started buying the Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. I was thinking, Straight NAS, at least 4 years old. ...

holy cats.  I was thinking AAA 10 star 4 yrs.  Just looked at the neck of my plastic 1.75 jug, "aged at least 36 months" which is just plain BS.  I've always assumed if it's bourbon it's 4 year plus.  Babe in the wood.

14 hours ago, GeeTen said:

New  L&K pick of Blanton's.  UCF, of course.   😋

You got a University of Central Florida barrel?

48 minutes ago, BigRich said:

You got a University of Central Florida barrel?

Ha, ha!  L&K lingo - Unchilled Filtered (NCF for you heathens).   🤣

• I like it 2

A couple more AA 750’s and a liter of HH Quality House. Loving me some “at least 36 month old” whiskey 😂 . I get very little ethanol burn but tons of sweet woody flavors.   

• I like it 3

Was out picking up some take out and happened to walk into the liquor store a few doors down while I waited.  Passed the AA and thought I should give it another try.  For $10.99, I thought it couldn't hurt - right.  Might have tor this as a freezer bourbon.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, bayouredd said:

Just curious on the price of the store pick?  One of our locals recently had an OFSB store pick but I haven't been in to check on availability and price.  I seem to recall OF store picks at 95 proof.  @fishnbowljoe what is the proof of the OF store picks you have been getting?

8 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

A couple more AA 750’s and a liter of HH Quality House. Loving me some “at least 36 month old” whiskey 😂 . I get very little ethanol burn but tons of sweet woody flavors.   

Knowing what you like and paying a price that doesn't kill your wallet is a double win.  The breadth of bourbons available across multiple price points makes something available for everyone on every occasion.  

On 4/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, markandrex said:

Well now, its a good thing she pulled out a bottle of whiskey!  Just curious, what did the HHSS run?  I imagine a pretty penny but still worth it.

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Well now, its a good thing she pulled out a bottle of whiskey!  Just curious, what did the HHSS run?  I imagine a pretty penny but still worth it.

$64.99

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That is a great price!

I thought so too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.