What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Visiting my parents in the “Live Free or Die State” for the past month while my dad is treated for colon cancer. Had to visit the state liquor stores several times to create my stash. Not shown, a MM CS batch 21-01 that I’ve already finished. 0D2BBB50-A19F-4AFB-8F03-05F62E4B9A8E.thumb.jpeg.90e1a7b94749c93b3640be95fdf567ce.jpeg

• I like it 6

Purchased my first OF BP private pick this past week.  Decent price too, less than I expected anyway. Looking forward to opening it soon.

• I like it 3

Knob Creek single barrel, finally, been really hard to find. Also got EW BiB. Almost starting to get a collection going. :)

• I like it 4

Sometimes it does pay to clean your car.  Usually I get the wine coupons , which are a waste on me.  But among my receipts I found a 15% off TotalWine "Spirits Direct" coupon, put it to good use last night.

715842360_MMTotalWinestaves.jpg.cf8ffe736ac0e9f3bbc7bb3b567170ac.jpg

• I like it 2

Picked up a bottle a Blantons from the Total Wine lottery (will give to a buddy that doesn’t have a Blantons in the bunker) but also picked up two bottles of the Makers Mark FAE release for 58.99. Excited to try this as I enjoyed the prior year release! 

• I like it 2

On 5/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, Kjbarth said:

Visiting my parents in the “Live Free or Die State” for the past month while my dad is treated for colon cancer. Had to visit the state liquor stores several times to create my stash. Not shown, a MM CS batch 21-01 that I’ve already finished. 0D2BBB50-A19F-4AFB-8F03-05F62E4B9A8E.thumb.jpeg.90e1a7b94749c93b3640be95fdf567ce.jpeg

The fill level on the BT and FR looks suspect.  Are you sure they haven't been opened?

• I like it 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:29 PM, LGC said:

Sometimes it does pay to clean your car.  Usually I get the wine coupons , which are a waste on me.  But among my receipts I found a 15% off TotalWine "Spirits Direct" coupon, put it to good use last night.

715842360_MMTotalWinestaves.jpg.cf8ffe736ac0e9f3bbc7bb3b567170ac.jpg

Much better than finding a quarter or two under the seat!

On 5/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, Kjbarth said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad's health issues. However, the state stores manage to help build any new or strong collection very quickly!

• I like it 2

Not 2day but Friday; I found a trio...

The ER was a charity barrel & I paid big duckies for it, but I am a random donation guy and figured why not. Besides, it's kinda cool to write off a bottle of bourbon. Tax me on a bottle, will ya' Uncle Sam...

20210509_161429.thumb.jpg.329bd00ac8324bb4814f76175e85e00d.jpg

• I like it 3

On 5/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, mbroo5880i said:

The fill level on the BT and FR looks suspect.  Are you sure they haven't been opened?

Oh, they absolutely have been opened and sampled. I just hadn’t posted in a while what I’ve purchased over the past few weeks. 

8 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Oh, they absolutely have been opened and sampled. I just hadn’t posted in a while what I’ve purchased over the past few weeks. 

"Live Free or Die!" - nice country, good people outside of the cities, NO SALES TAX!  Easy 30 minute drive from home.  What's not to like???   😊 

• I like it 4

Got another Knob Creek single-barrel, another Evan Williams Bottled in Bond and my first Old Forester 100. Now up to 8 unopened bottles and 2 opened.

• I like it 3

Two more liters of BT for the bunker. At $27.99 each, it comes out to a little over $21.00 a 750. Why not. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

11 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I channeled my inner @fishnbowljoe. This ought to last a month or so. 

20210511_221652.jpg

Nice pickups.  But if you are channeling your inner @fishnbowljoe you may be a little off-base.

These would only last him a couple of weeks at best 😋

Edited by Kepler
sorry Joe, heehee ;-)
  • I like it 5

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I channeled my inner @fishnbowljoe. This ought to last a month or so. 

Not bad Tim. Not bad at all. Ya done real good. 👍

Biba! Joe

Excited to try the EC Rye, and that the WT101 is back in stock! Figured I’d give the Toasted a chance. 

AEF579F0-F088-4A5D-A238-2C6D33596416.jpeg

• I like it 3

28 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Excited to try the EC Rye, and that the WT101 is back in stock! Figured I’d give the Toasted a chance. 

I absolutely love the toasted.  It's rare as hen's teeth here but we're definitely flush with rye.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

I absolutely love the toasted.  It's rare as hen's teeth here but we're definitely flush with rye.

It was quite good. Unique with a marshmallow finish. I did detect a slight amount of that artificial sugar/sweetener but it was minimal.  I think This one is going to be a big ol 6 to 12 curveball when inserted into a blind flight. 

This is the first bottle I've bought in 8 months, since reaching my Bourbon Zen.  After drinking up all the lower tier bourbon in the bunker, I had nothing appropriate for the occasional bourbon & Coke's I like with BBQ ribs and such. 

Now I'm a strictly "Distiller Only" customer.  I leave all that fancy craft bottler juice to others.

KC.jpg

• I like it 5

Was in NC for my daughter's graduation and decided to see if I might find a couple things I can't find (or find easily) in MD.  I picked up the Virgin Bourbon because I never tried it and I remember some good comments on the forums when is was age stated.  Not sure what it is like now but it was pretty reasonably priced, so what the heck.  I'm glad to see the WT rye available and for $24.95 for a 750.  The FRSmB was $34, which is lower than expected but I haven't picked one up for quite a while.

bourbon1.jpg

• I like it 2

A long-ass walk, but a hunch that paid off… such a nice color.

IMG_6122.thumb.jpg.984dc3060fa7a1094cb933ff15151d67.jpg

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

A long-ass walk, but a hunch that paid off… such a nice color.

IMG_6122.thumb.jpg.984dc3060fa7a1094cb933ff15151d67.jpg

Was that a walk to Calandros'? 🤨

Jealousy here!!! 

11 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Was that a walk to Calandros'? 🤨

Jealousy here!!! 

No, I’m in NYC for the first time in 14 months. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.