What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

DAMN. Cases of the EW12 would be in my trunk.

Rare picture of @flahute arriving in Seattle at the end of his drive home.

F44860A4-14B2-4758-BF9A-AF8DC0338DFE.jpeg

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, flahute said:

DAMN. Cases of the EW12 would be in my trunk.

Crowd fund/patreon someone to go to over there and over-night us some jdm Kentucky Bourbon???  How’s the law on international whiskey shipping these days??

the whole cases/trunk comment makes me wonder if Japan has their own version of Harry/Harry-san? Instead of OG, he drinks and stashed the EW12?? Twilight zone stuff

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

image.png.29d7edc11f452a7054eff56d067adb9e.png

image.png.594b0bf85222de88c377f47cb25ccdb8.png

About $39 for the EW12 and $65 for the WT13.  But...the plane tix too/from Japan are the expensive parts!

Oh wow thanks for looking in to it.

Picked up 4 more of the MMPS I helped blend back in March. Could be some bias going on, but damn, I’m loving this one and will only be happy to have several bunkered. Was also lucky to get an unexpected ETL

• I like it 5

12 hours ago, 0895 said:

Rare picture of @flahute arriving in Seattle at the end of his drive home.

F44860A4-14B2-4758-BF9A-AF8DC0338DFE.jpeg

12 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Crowd fund/patreon someone to go to over there and over-night us some jdm Kentucky Bourbon???  How’s the law on international whiskey shipping these days??

the whole cases/trunk comment makes me wonder if Japan has their own version of Harry/Harry-san? Instead of OG, he drinks and stashed the EW12?? Twilight zone stuff

LOL! I always dreamed about that car as a kid.

There absolutely HAS to be a Japanese version of Harry. Look out if we get them in the same room.

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, flahute said:

LOL! I always dreamed about that car as a kid.

There absolutely HAS to be a Japanese version of Harry. Look out if we get them in the same room.

I think he’d be a Yomiuri Giants, since they seem to be the cap city team.  How about it@Harry in WashDC , what’s your jdm bourbon and your jdm baseball team? The world needs to know…..

1 hour ago, dwightschrute said:

Decided to pick up an ol’ trusty today, Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  

Might be the most underrated thing in the aisle right now!

• I like it 3

49 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

Might be the most underrated thing in the aisle right now!

Yep, love it and easy to get ahold of.  

Picked up a WT Kentucky Spirit today, as it was sitting all lonely on the shelf.  

• I like it 2

Traveling today and picked up a KC12 and Sazerac Rye on my first stop.   Found a WB Saffel in my second stop. Can’t get any of theses in NC easily. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, JT3NSB said:

Traveling today and picked up a KC12 and Sazerac Rye on my first stop.   Found a WB Saffel in my second stop. Can’t get any of theses in NC easily. 

Sazerac can be tricky to get here for sure, and the WB Saffel seems nearly impossible (so nice score on that one), but FWIW, KC12 has been steadily available at multiple stores here in Durham for months now. Basically, once they upped it to $70, it’s been pretty easy to find. Hoping something similar eventually happens w/ RR13.

OF100 

It's been a rarity on shelves around here, (Baltimore metro area). I'm visiting family in Va Beach, and snagged one  for $20.99. 

20210807_092915.jpg

• I like it 6

Picked up some staples at a favorite, just out of state, store. Interestingly enough, I got to talking with the manager, and she said that an "Elijah Craig Barrel Proof store pick" "might" be in the works. Hmmm...

IMG_2093.jpg

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Picked up some staples at a favorite, just out of state, store. Interestingly enough, I got to talking with the manager, and she said that an "Elijah Craig Barrel Proof store pick" "might" be in the works. Hmmm...

IMG_2093.jpg

Can confirm. Well at least as much as any of us enthusiasts who do not work in the industry can.  I believe it will be 9 year EC Barrel Proof picks. My local heard about this when we were going last March and tried to get one, but was told they were not starting until May.  So if that was the actual timetable the first ones should start appearing soon. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

3 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Can confirm. Well at least as much as any of us enthusiasts who do not work in the industry can.  I believe it will be 9 year EC Barrel Proof picks. My local heard about this when we were going last March and tried to get one, but was told they were not starting until May.  So if that was the actual timetable the first ones should start appearing soon. 

This is good news.

• I like it 1

The other day I accidentally dropped my bottle of simple syrup on the floor and broke it. 

Today after I got a new set of tires put on my truck, I decided to stop by a couple of liquor stores on the way home (I know, imagine that right).  It just so happens that I came across another leftover Elijah Craig gift box with the Old Fashioned cocktail syrup bottle included.  $26.99.  Win win.

• I like it 6

13 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I can confirm - I helped a bar do a pick about 2 months ago - they were between 8-9 years old and were fantastic. 

Lot of variation in the samples - but just like the base product they were all good.

• I like it 1

On 8/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I'm picking one next week with my group and then one in November with my local.

• I like it 1

On 8/8/2021 at 6:19 AM, geclbxf said:

I can confirm - I helped a bar do a pick about 2 months ago - they were between 8-9 years old and were fantastic. 

Lot of variation in the samples - but just like the base product they were all good.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, flahute said:

I'm picking one next week with my group and then one in November with my local.

Thanks for confirming. Post some thoughts about the samples if you can.

HH was one of the easier places to schedule with and they offer a nice rickhouse experience. Hopefully we will be go back and do one of the new 9yr BP ones next year.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.