1792 SmB....

B3Nut
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff only recently having tried it. I don't have a lot of experience with the Barton juice aside from a couple rounds with VOB 80 and BIB, but I really don't remember much about either of them (I think it might have been the 80 proof VOB that was giving me peaches on the nose I think? It was strange though interesting...but anyway...)

For around $22 for a 750 I'm quite impressed with it, and I think it's going to be another constant on the shelf. Been getting a consistent dark fruit note on the nose and palate that I really like. Maybe this could be called Slightly Older Barton (SOB)? :D All joking aside, I really like this whiskey...just something really satisfying about it. Decent spicy finish that hangs on a bit, too...digging it. 

• I like it 5

On 4/27/2021 at 12:10 AM, B3Nut said:

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff only recently having tried it. I don't have a lot of experience with the Barton juice aside from a couple rounds with VOB 80 and BIB, but I really don't remember much about either of them (I think it might have been the 80 proof VOB that was giving me peaches on the nose I think? It was strange though interesting...but anyway...)

For around $22 for a 750 I'm quite impressed with it, and I think it's going to be another constant on the shelf. Been getting a consistent dark fruit note on the nose and palate that I really like. Maybe this could be called Slightly Older Barton (SOB)? :D All joking aside, I really like this whiskey...just something really satisfying about it. Decent spicy finish that hangs on a bit, too...digging it. 

It is a pretty solid bourbon.  I actually like it better than VOB.  I would recommend other 1792 offerings if you can find them.

There is much to like about this bourbon.  Packaging, quality whiskey, and great price.  I always have one on the bar.  

• I like it 2

It's one of those pours that just tastes exactly like what a classic bourbon should be.

When I find a Bourbon/Rye that suits my taste buds, is reasonable in price & readily available, I do a happy dance. 

IMG_4522.PNG

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Rearranged pic
  • I like it 3

12 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

When I find a Bourbon/Rye that suits my taste buds, is reasonable in price & readily available, I do a happy dance. 

And that folks, pretty much says it all.  Nicely put W. 😁👍👌🤞👌👍👌👍👌😁 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And that folks, pretty much says it all.  Nicely put W. 😁👍👌🤞👌👍👌👍👌😁 

Biba! Joe

Thank you for the kind words Joe. 😁  I think/hope  Bourbon Zen may be upon me. 🤞🏻

Cheers

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Thank you for the kind words Joe. 😁  I think/hope  Bourbon Zen may be upon me. 🤞🏻

Cheers

You’re more than welcome. FWIW, your post is what prompted me to “bump” the Bourbon Zen thread. So, thank you too.  🤗

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You’re more than welcome. FWIW, your post is what prompted me to “bump” the Bourbon Zen thread. So, thank you too.  🤗

Biba! Joe

Ahhhhh, I was wondering what prompted that. Good call.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Ahhhhh, I was wondering what prompted that. Good call.

and fun to read something that was pre=pandemic and felt like a lifetime ago.

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

and fun to read something that was pre=pandemic and felt like a lifetime ago.

I just went back and read the first page. Hard to believe that was written almost 8 years ago and that the intent of the post is even more relevant now by a huge margin as the trajectory of the boom continues to point up steeply.

Also fun to see some old names that I don't see any more.

• I like it 1

Saw a mention (on Facebook) of Costco doing a new Kirkland line, sourced from Barton 1792

As per LostCargo.com

1L bottles

2x NAS & a BiB

• Kirkland Signature Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: 92 proof
  • Kirkland Signature Bottled in Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: 100 proof
  • Kirkland Signature Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: 120 proof

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.