My dad has had this for 50years, so he says

rberk1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It doesn't look very intriguing. Not something I would want to drink. Looks like vodka with some 4 year old whiskey blended in. Cool looking bottle though.... Looks like a nice piece of History that I would put it on the shelf as a conversation piece.

Welcome to SB.com...

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep it on the shelf and let it sit for a few more decades. It still has the tax label on it and the label is pretty cool. 

Back in the day, same as now, they had whiskey in different price categories.  Whenever you read blended whiskey and or neutral grain spirit, that means least expensive.  Only a small portion of the blend is real whiskey.  It's still interesting to look at because it's old.  Thanks for sharing photos.

Blended whiskey is your clue that it's crap.

• I like it 1

An interesting look into the past. Thank you for sharing with us. 

Welcome to SB. Please come back. 

Cheers

On 5/2/2021 at 12:01 AM, flahute said:

I dunno man.  When I was in high school, I would have been all over this stuff.

• I like it 4

56 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I dunno man.  When I was in high school, I would have been all over this stuff.

LOL! "when I was in high school" says it all! Heck - I probably would have been too.

• I like it 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/2/2021 at 12:01 AM, flahute said:

LMFAO, Steve.  Just saw this.  Seagram's Seven in its current iteration came to mind.  It IS CRAP!!  Kudos that they disclose such on the label although it is in small print.

• I like it 1

Now that this thread came back up in my notifications, on second look, I wonder if it is 80 proof motor oil.  It comes from the Old Cummins Distillery.  I would like to nose it just to find out.  

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Now that this thread came back up in my notifications, on second look, I wonder if it is 80 proof motor oil.  It comes from the Old Cummins Distillery.  I would like to nose it just to find out.  

Anyone have any clue as to what the best years were for “Good Ol’ 5W-30”? 🤢

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.