Blood Oath Pact 7

geclbxf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone had a try yet?    From what I understand the distillery has an ample supply, just not sure if it's worth the drive or not.   I have found the offering to be really good ( 4 and  6) or not to my liking = Pact 5.

I know there are varying opinions on this one, and it is pricey - but appreciate any and all thoughts from those who have tried the new one.   TY

I thought P7 was really good..but FWIW I thought P6 was TERRIBLE so our palates don't exactly align.  In a sbs between P6 & P7, P6 was almost a drain pour.

16 hours ago, Clueby said:

I thought P7 was really good..but FWIW I thought P6 was TERRIBLE so our palates don't exactly align.  In a sbs between P6 & P7, P6 was almost a drain pour.

Did you like 5?

5 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Did you like 5?

I don't remember specifically...been too long.

I liked P6 & P7, but wouldn't say I loved either.  I appreciate that for my palate, the finishing isn't heavy-handed.  

My notes were: 

Nose:  Caramel, oak, baking spices, fall leaves, notes of tropical fruit, mango, dried candied pineapple, a hint of ginger.
Palate:  Rich mouthfeel with a fruity sweetness, mangos, apricots, peaches, caramel, honey, bit of cinnamon, pepper spice and a hint of anise.
Finish:  Moderately long, slightly drying with pepper, honey and apricot jam.

https://whiskeyapostle.com/2021/04/blood-oath-pact-no-7/

• 4 months later...

I tried the Blood Oath #2 and #3 releases and was not particularly impressed, especially for the price. Sounds like the later releases might have been more impressive.

Edited by BourbonDude
Typo

7 hours ago, BourbonDude said:

I tried the Blood Oath #2 and #3 releases and was not particularly impressed, especially for the price. Sounds like the later releases might have been more impressive.

They've gotten better but I haven't yet had one that I felt justified the price.  

• I like it 1

That’s good to know. I really thought 2 and 3 were at most $50-60 bourbons selling for twice the price.

As a bourbon enthusiast/hobbyist, I don’t get too exercised if I’m paying 25% or 33% more than I feel it’s worth. That’s just the market, and who can precisely gage 25% anyway? But if something seems like it’s 100% overpriced I feel my palate can tell that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.