HW Rendezvous is seasonal now?

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And mostly HW distillate. Heard the same about campfire and bourye. Really who cares at this point. Their old stuff was good but this seems gimmicky. Also when i look at their website .. well it seems like theyre  too hipster like willett and their egg salad hipster bar

At some point not too long ago, I noticed that HW products are stocked wide and deep in every local grocery store.  It's like there is a huge supply of this stuff, or they filled the shelves and nobody wants it.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

And mostly HW distillate. Heard the same about campfire and bourye. Really who cares at this point. Their old stuff was good but this seems gimmicky. Also when i look at their website .. well it seems like theyre  too hipster like willett and their egg salad hipster bar

That egg salad sandwich is legit. This is coming from a guy who doesn't even like egg salad.

Post Perkins, HW holds no interest for me.  I respect that they are bottling more of their own make but the whiskeys that Dave released and made the brand reflected his skill as a blender and user of wood finishes.  The few HW I've had since his departure are shadows of what was there before. 

Yeah, I know.  I'm just another "i remember when" bitch n' moaner. 

• I like it 3

I had a pour of my open 2016 Rendezvous last week and it was delicious.  Definitely not looking forward to the newer stuff.

• I like it 1

I'm not interested in HW, but this thread prompted me to make a batch of egg salad. 😄

That's always a hit around here.

I read a little about the Willett restaurant too.  The chef there likes Duke's Mayo.  I plan to try that in the future.  Meanwhile, my egg salad is still pretty good.  

15 hours ago, BigRich said:

Post Perkins, HW holds no interest for me.  I respect that they are bottling more of their own make but the whiskeys that Dave released and made the brand reflected his skill as a blender and user of wood finishes.  The few HW I've had since his departure are shadows of what was there before. 

Yeah, I know.  I'm just another "i remember when" bitch n' moaner. 

Not gonna disagree with you.

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

I'm not interested in HW, but this thread prompted me to make a batch of egg salad. 😄

That's always a hit around here.

I read a little about the Willett restaurant too.  The chef there likes Duke's Mayo.  I plan to try that in the future.  Meanwhile, my egg salad is still pretty good.  

Well you need to get to Willett and try that sandwich! That egg yolk reduction sprinkle they put on top sends it to the next level.

• I like it 3

• 10 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.