Mellow Corn Bottled In Bond

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like bonded whiskies.  This brand has been somewhere in the rotation at my house for years.  In my collection (bunker) I still even have one distilled at DSP 354 bottled DSP 31 (if that tells you anything).

The one thing I'm aware of, that differentiates Corn Whiskey versus Bourbon is - Corn Whiskey is aged in used, not new barrels.

Anyway, I know some folks reach for this during the hot weather, use it for a "freezer bottle" and so on.  I thought it would be fun topic to bring up. 🥃😉 

Uh, distlled at HH- Louisville (Bowling Blvd I guess) and bottled at HH- Bardstown?  Friend of mine swears by corn whiskey.  He says the new-barrel-aged whiskeys (as distinguished from used-barrel-whiskey) give him heartburn.  He's 80 years old.  Says it took him 35 years to learn that - he blamed his ex-wife's cooking for all those years.  I never developed a taste for it.  I carry Tums just in case . . .;)  Going grocery shopping tomorrow and stopping by a store on the way home to replenish stuff.  I shall pick up a bottle of something corn just to see . . .

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Uh, distlled at HH- Louisville (Bowling Blvd I guess) and bottled at HH- Bardstown?  Friend of mine swears by corn whiskey.  He says the new-barrel-aged whiskeys (as distinguished from used-barrel-whiskey) give him heartburn.  He's 80 years old.  Says it took him 35 years to learn that - he blamed his ex-wife's cooking for all those years.  I never developed a taste for it.  I carry Tums just in case . . .;)  Going grocery shopping tomorrow and stopping by a store on the way home to replenish stuff.  I shall pick up a bottle of something corn just to see . . .

Presumably distilled by OF for HH post fire much the way Rittenhouse was for years?

6 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Presumably distilled by OF for HH post fire much the way Rittenhouse was for years?

THX for this.  It does make sense.

• 6 months later...

Had a hankerin’ for a different HH Corn Whiskey.  

A0D5CC33-B8DD-4DC9-B6D2-A47957631263.jpeg

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Had a hankerin’ for a different HH Corn Whiskey.  

A0D5CC33-B8DD-4DC9-B6D2-A47957631263.jpeg

Joe, is that a dusty bottle, or can you still get that in GA.

I tried to look it up in the past, and wasn't sure if it had been discontinued.

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

Joe, is that a dusty bottle, or can you still get that in GA.

I tried to look it up in the past, and wasn't sure if it had been discontinued.

This was pretty much a release for ABC stores, and maybe only Alabama ABC stores at that.  Which is where I got this one.  Discontinued at least 10ish years ago, I’m thinking?  

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

I was digging through the bunker last night, and found an earlier version of the Dixie Dew I show above.  Think TTB would approve this one nowadays?  🤣

8EF848EC-7B8D-456D-816D-5BB8922208D9.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.