Old Forester SB Rye

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm just hoping the regular 100 proof rye returns to a shelf near me.  It seems to have gone missing.

• I like it 2

The 100p is damn good for the money. Its still everywhere down here. I think the 100p is around 4 to 5 years old but they could have put some of those barrels aside for this program. I see the SB rye is around 5 1/2 years. I would think with their inventory they had these barrels set aside for this already. 

Edited by LCWoody

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'm just hoping the regular 100 proof rye returns to a shelf near me.  It seems to have gone missing.

Same here., (Baltimore Metro area).   Admittedly, I haven't looked real hard for it but, whenever I see any OF on the shelf, I look for the 100 rye, and haven't seen it.

I am really looking forward to this one. Hopefully at least one of the stores around me will receive a few bottles. 

Article says 100 - 200 bottles per state.  I'm not sure how this compares with volume of other limited releases (like Birthday).  Maybe a good portion will go directly to on premise accounts too.  We'll have to see how badly the taters and retailer behave, or if this flies under the radar (at least for a while).  

• I like it 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, PaulO said:

Yeah, I haven't seen it in quite a while.  I have always suspected it will show up again one day at a higher price.

• 10 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Yeah, I haven't seen it in quite a while.  I have always suspected it will show up again one day at a higher price.

This is an old topic but wondering if it is available to you again.  Pretty good supply around here at #23.99

4 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

This is an old topic but wondering if it is available to you again.  Pretty good supply around here at #23.99

No, still haven't seen it in the Indy area in a while.  It was around following the original release but hasn't made it back our way since.  It is interesting since we are flush with all of the other OF products.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Guys. The Old Forrester Single Barrel Rye. Was here in SW. FLORIDA. Sold as fast as it came in. I happen to find one and bought it. Paid $175. My is 128.1 Proof. I saw another. The Store was asking $250.  All the reviews. Seemed very favorable. I have not opened my Bottle. Maybe one of these days. CREGGOR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.