Desert Island Whiskey

Old Hippie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Forgive me if this topic has come up before now, but curious as to what your desert Island whiskey would be. The qualifier is that it has to be readily available. In other words you have to be able to go to your local store and score at least 12 bottles with out too much trouble. 

Mine would be between WT 101 and OF Signature. two proper bourbons. 

• I like it 1

George Dickel Bottled-in-Bond-- although I haven't got my hands on the 2021 13yo release yet.

OF Statesman. Should be able to find 12 in an afternoon, but if not would happily backfill with others in the Whisky Row Series.

I'm with you on OF100 and/or WT101 if on a budget, along with ETBIB.

• I like it 1

EWBIB. I would also hope I could bring a Weber kettle, a pallet of charcoal, and a varied meat supply.  

6 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

Mine would be between WT 101 and OF Signature. two proper bourbons. 

I'm with you on either of those.

With the latest label change, I believe Old Forester 100 no longer has "Signature" on the label.  Profile has changed a bit too.

I could also go with Knob Creek Single Barrel or Maker's Mark Cask Strength.  Then we're talking significant more $ and hitting multiple stores to assemble 12 total, but it's doable.

• I like it 1

1/2 dozen WT101 and 1/2 dozen KC Single Barrel. I might trade out one of the WT101's for a Laphroaig 10 in case I got a hankering for peat.

Edited by BDanner

My KC blend. 🤟

Not to compete, but I could swim to Fishbowl's island to make a trade once in a while...

I think I could still get 12 bottles of RRSiB without too much trouble.  If not, well WT101 will suit me just fine on that island.

• I like it 2

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit - 12 bottles from different barrels from different warehouses.   That ought to keep it interesting. 

• I like it 3

• 3 weeks later...

WT101, Rare Breed and WFE SmB rye, cuz I need a rye and I love me some of that.

• I like it 1

I will choose Early Times BIB.  Absolutely everywhere around here. 

I like it, and it won't break the bank.

Wish I could say Eagle Rare, but around here it is hard to find.

8 hours ago, dwg13013 said:

I will choose Early Times BIB.  Absolutely everywhere around here. 

I like it, and it won't break the bank.

Wish I could say Eagle Rare, but around here it is hard to find.

You've probably heard that Buffalo Trace bought this brand so if you really like it that much and there's a lot of availability you should be stocking up because the profile is going to change.

You have a few years before that happens so you don't need to do it all in one day.

I have a beginner palette but I don't know if I can get enough of Woodford Double Oaked so that's what im going with!

19 hours ago, flahute said:

You've probably heard that Buffalo Trace bought this brand so if you really like it that much and there's a lot of availability you should be stocking up because the profile is going to change.

You have a few years before that happens so you don't need to do it all in one day.

A year ago, and Sazerac that also owns Buffalo Trace.

I had not heard that, so Thanks.

I like all in the Buffalo Trace lineup. especially Eagle Rare.

I like Sazerac Rye also, so Early Times fits right in for me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.