What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Oh, that looks like it will be delicious when it’s ready. You gave me something to try.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Was just thinking the same thing,   How long with the infusion take place?   

According to the recipe that I found, on-line, 4 weeks.  It's easy to make.   

2 peaches pitted and cut into eighths.   Put 'em in a Mason jar, add 14oz of bourbon, shake really well and stick in a cool, dark place.   After 4 weeks, strain the mixture through cheese cloth.

I found the recipe on-line,  because we picked 1/2 bushel of peaches, and I Googled "peach bourbon recipes" and this was one of them.   I was actually looking for a peach Old-Fashioned recipe, and the recipe called for peach-infused bourbon.      We found another great recipe, that involved peaches muddled with mint & brown sugar simple syrup and a splash of ginger beer. that was out of this world.   I'm not one for sweet drinks, but it was really good. 

• I like it 2

36 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks!

2 peaches pitted and cut into eighths.   Put 'em in a Mason jar, add 14oz of bourbon, shake really well and stick in a cool, dark place.   After 4 weeks, strain the mixture through cheese cloth.

I found the recipe on-line,  because we picked 1/2 bushel of peaches, and I Googled "peach bourbon recipes" and this was one of them.   I was actually looking for a peach Old-Fashioned recipe, and the recipe called for peach-infused bourbon.      We found another great recipe, that involved peaches muddled with mint & brown sugar simple syrup and a splash of ginger beer. that was out of this world.   I'm not one for sweet drinks, but it was really good. 

TY for both recipes!   Cant wait to try them both.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

TY for both recipes!   Cant wait to try them both.

YW and enjoy!

7 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks!

Double the recipe, and this works great in a quart of moonshine! 

Just sayin'...  😉

• I like it 3

Normal Monday at work. 😒 I’m now relaxing on the back patio conversing with Elmer. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

FRYL from the freezer in the Yeti on the back deck in the Cabela's full lounger with feet above my heart (had an out-patient PT session tis morning).  Bright sunshine, 79 degrees, dry breeze.  Life is great!  😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

35 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

FRYL from the freezer in the Yeti on the back deck in the Cabela's full lounger with feet above my heart (had an out-patient PT session tis morning).  Bright sunshine, 79 degrees, dry breeze.  Life is great!  😋

Sounds great Frank. 👍 How’s the knee doing?

FWIW, I haven’t  had a fridge/freezer bottle in three years or so. I spoiled myself using HH6 BIB back in the day. 🙄 What can I say? 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Just sayin'...  😉

Yup, moonshine fanboy, here; with you brother, though I tend to like decorating moonshine more so than bourbon. I don't really care for my coffee or bourbon, flavored.

34 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Hope your OP thing does not hinder and I'm guessing it isn't. More power to ya my brutha! Freezer 4R, yup, life is great at times!!!

• I like it 1

Daaaaam-It!!!

I really thought I would love OF 1910. This is my 3rd session and it really hasn't done it for me.

Just did a sbs with a SS WRDO. The Woodford killed it, but it all fairness the SS Woodford killed a regular WRDO in a previous sbs.

Oh well, my OF 20/St's blend killed them both on my 3rd & 4th pours...

Happy Monday!!!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sounds great Frank. 👍 How’s the knee doing?

Knee is doing great.  Up to 78 degrees for range of motion, no walkiing assistance, either.  Driving SWMBO crazy with new freedon from home.  Having a dram or two of the brown liquid refreshment every evening ( followed up the FRYL freezer splash with a glencairn of Blanton's SFTB 134.4pf, neat) - plan to sleep very well tonite.  Life is wonderful, thx for askin'.   😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

On 8/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, bayouredd said:

Ribeyes & boudin on the grill

Checkers fries in the air fryer

Broccoli simmering on the stove

ER from the fridge in the glass

Mini Cigar lit 

Out of time... Go!!!

One of these days I'm going to have to try boudin.  First, I have to find some.

After a busy day with son and cousins, it's Mellow Corn, mighty close to Bourbon, really hits the spot sometimes.

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Paddy said:

Just sayin'...  😉

Been there, done that and agreed! 

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

After a busy day with son and cousins, it's Mellow Corn, mighty close to Bourbon, really hits the spot sometimes.

This.  We just finished a freezer bottle of Mellow Corn.  For the price, <$16otd, a wonderful mixer on steamy summer evenings.  Thought it might be sacrilege to mention that here.  But sometimes, the wallet dictates the purchases, and that is one purchase that I will make again, soon.

• I like it 2

There was some banter in the “What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today” thread about OF 100. This got me to thinking. 🤔 So……😁

I like most OF iterations. I’ve had a few to say the least, including all the 100 proof bottles/labels since the change from the original OF BIB. While all the 100 proof variations (Signature, 100, and ?) are pretty decent, IMHO, they still don’t quite hold up to the old original OF BIB. I just opened an OF BIB 375, and I’m having a pour now on my back patio. 😋 This bottle is from a couple of years or so before the change to OF Signature. It’s pretty darned good. In the depths of my bunker I have still a handle of OF BIB that is even older.

Anyway, the nose on this is slightly reminiscent of old school glut bourbons. Hints of butterscotch, oak and smoke. The flavor is subdued spice and woody, nougat. The finish is soothingly warm, and lasts for quite a while. Yum! I’m glad I decided to open this one. FWIW, this bottle has a little history. I gave it to Vosgar, and it came back to me after his passing. Yes, there is a sentimental value to it as well as it being a great bourbon.

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.b51ef7f355e1b94861dde822a0985e69.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 15

I felt like a midweek lower proof pour to wind down a long day.

Old Charter 10 Year got the nod.  So rich, so good.  Maybe my favorite lower proof bottle I have opened on my bar.

• I like it 2

The last couple of days at work were better than Monday. But that’s not saying a whole lot. 🙄 I’m on the back patio relaxing yet again, and the Eagle has landed. 🦅👌

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

On 8/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, PaulO said:

You should be pretty safe if you find it. I'll not give you a history lesson on the subject, but rest assured the the FDA  will not inspect nor allow the "real deal". 

If you do come across it, it is more than likely just rice/pork dressing in a casing. The "walk in way" at a grocer or gas station is crock potted, but it's best on a grill where the casing gains a nice crunch...

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The last couple of days at work were better than Monday. But that’s not saying a whole lot. 🙄 I’m on the back patio relaxing yet again, and the Eagle has landed. 🦅👌

Biba! Joe

Been doing a bit of the Eagle, myself; from the fridge, no less. I didn't like it from the freezer, but the fridge is a nice choice. Whuda thunk it!!!

• I like it 2

Drat, foiled again!!! As Snidley Whiplash would say...

1st tried HMcK. Okay, but not what I wanted.

Added a cube. Ooooh; stepped up nicely...

Next came KC blend; Still good, but not what I wanted. Added a cube - Yessssss!!!

Got Cocky at this point...

FAE-01 w/ a cube.......... Sh!+.... Still FAE-01... 👎

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.