BA “Perfect” Manhattan

Bob_Loblaw
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There is a thread drift Manhattan conversation going on in the Reg KCSiB thread and it got me thinking about doing a Barre Aged Perfect Manhattan.  

I don’t have much experience with this one. Any recommendations for a base whiskey?

On 7/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

There is a thread drift Manhattan conversation going on in the Reg KCSiB thread and it got me thinking about doing a Barre Aged Perfect Manhattan.  

I don’t have much experience with this one. Any recommendations for a base whiskey?

Something relatively inexpensive I would think until you see how it goes. Ritt rye is always pretty reliable as is the newer OF rye.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Something relatively inexpensive I would think until you see how it goes. Ritt rye is always pretty reliable as is the newer OF rye.

Appreciate the input.  The last two batches were done with OF Rye and OF Bourbon respectively and came out great so maybe I should stop overthinking . . .

Due to some crowded shelves this time I am going to mix a bunch of half filled bottles (bourbon and rye) and see what shakes out.  In my mind a cocktail is pretty forgiving once vermouth and bitters are added and the time in the barrel should allow the whiskeys to blend a bit.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.