What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thought we should change over to Summer purchase's. I did buy this a couple of weeks ago. Still have not tried it yet.

ivDvrNO - Imgur.jpg

• I like it 6

Might as well add it here, too. 

These aren't necessarily from today.....more from the past week. 

Trying to decide which to try...... 

IMG_20210719_181524105_HDR.jpg

• I like it 5

To the above post, I seen a few purchases of the Sam Houston 15 and Smoke Wagon iterations but I don't know that I've seen opinions.  What does everyone think of those two?

Grocery store delivery day, waited for a few but walked out with: 

W107

Wsr 

OF100 SiB Whse. I  Floor 2, Brl#5300

$132.19 otd 

Now, if I could only find some W12 so I can whip up a batch of the world renowned #joeswellerblend2021 

• I like it 4

Out the door for $61 & some change for a KC & ER...

Some stores still love us!!!

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Grocery store delivery day, waited for a few but walked out with: 

W107

Wsr 

OF100 SiB Whse. I  Floor 2, Brl#5300

$132.19 otd 

Now, if I could only find some W12 so I can whip up a batch of the world renowned #joeswellerblend2021 

I honestly and sincerely hope you find some Weller 12. 🤞

In the past I was extremely lucky in finding and procuring my Weller’s at decent prices. I’m glad I stocked up when the gettin’ was good, cause’ the pickings have pretty been slim for a while now. The last batch I made of my 2021 Weller Blend was of handles of SR, 107 and 12. I’m having a pour from one of my handles now on my back patio because of your post. It is getting near the end, but thankfully I have two more waiting in the wings. With retirement nearing, I hope that’s enough to last me for a while. 🙄

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 7

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I honestly and sincerely hope you find some Weller 12. 🤞

In the past I was extremely lucky in finding and procuring my Weller’s at decent prices. I’m glad I stocked up when the gettin’ was good, cause’ the pickings have pretty been slim for a while now. The last batch I made of my 2021 Weller Blend was of handles of SR, 107 and 12. I’m having a pour from one of my handles now on my back patio because of your post. It is getting near the end, but thankfully I have two more waiting in the wings. With retirement nearing, I hope that’s enough to last me for a while. 🙄

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

I actually have a few W12’s bunkered at home. I learned quickly about delivery day 😂 at the binnys. 
For some reason the 107 is allocated, but almost a weekly delivery here in Ohio. The 12, is allocated but a lottery thing since it’s more rarer? 

I’ll be grabbing a bottle and getting my first real batch (full bottles) of your blend. I tinkered with a “micro” blend a few months back, yielded about a pint or so, but I spiced up the recipe and used ORVW10 instead of the Wsr. After sitting for a couple months, I gave it to a buddy that’s working with me out of town at the moment, he gives me cigars from his online auction wins. He shared it with his roommates (all guys from work) and now all want their own bottle 🤣. I said sure, bring me the bottles I’ll mix them for you! I showed them a few 🤓sites with secondary $. Minds were blown. 

• I like it 1

Ordered online from K&L a bottle of Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Strength.  This has been a ghost around here for a couple of years so I was happy to get one.  I wasn't happy to see the price go from $40 to $60 though...

• I like it 2

34 minutes ago, DrWho1480 said:

Just picked up Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated. Any reviews?

I think you’ll find it to be fairly similar to WSR, maybe a hair better but not significantly, in my opinion 

After a two week mega road trip, I have returned with a lot of new bottles. I passed on Barrell bourbons batch 26-29, several MM Private Selects, and some early 70's Delord Armagnac vintages, but still got a lot, including several bourbons  local to the Kansas City and St. Louis markets.

KCSB Store picks (x19) $48-62 - all around 9-10 years. Did not see any of the extra aged ones.
4R PS (x2, OBSF and OBSK) $75-80
Woodinville SBs (x2) $65
Backbone Uncut SBs from Wine and Cheese Place (x2, one is cognac cask finished) $55-62
Backbone Decade Down $80
Chattanooga Port Finish $45
Chattanooga BIB $50
Hillrock Sherry Finished TW single barrel cask strength - $92 (mismarked, usually $140)
Stumpy's Old Monroe $40
Still 630 Straight MO Bourbon $50
Ezra Brooks Cask Strength Wine and Cheese Place pick $50
Ezra Brooks 99
Redwood Empire Cab Savignon Finished 12 yr MGP $110
Remus SB pick $46
Barrell 2021 New Years $95
Ozark Bourbon $35
Bardstown Discovery #5 $130
Union Horse Reserve SBs $50-55
Mercantile Bourbon $16
HH6 90 $15
Spirits of French Lick Maddie Gladden BIB $50
Casey Jones Cask Strength $40
Smoke Wagon U/U $70
SAOS 5yr SBs $50
Stellum SB pick from Elixir $50
And a handful of semi-dusty Old Forester mini's.

Plus some brandy:
Delord Armagnac 1991 30yr $110
Delord Armagnac 2001 20yr $100
Germain Robin Gold Coast Reserve $35
Sacred Bond BIB $25

IMG_5461 small.jpg

• I like it 7

Picked up a bottle of WT101, opened it, and am drinking out of a yeti tumbler with a cube.

• I like it 2

Had to go to work today at 9am, even though I had some "inside scoop" that the Buffalo Trace products were going to be delivered and available for sale between 10am-11am.  The Mrs made a 10 mile trip for me and picked up a bottle of Blantons (for me, and the bunker as I have one open) at $60 before tax and Buffalo Trace 1.75 (for a friend) at $50 before tax.  Kind of glad I had to work, or the damage would have definitely been worse.

720754625_20210721_1956231.thumb.jpg.8e23062fb9de9834eae2cea87e10259e.jpg

Edited by Richdel
  • I like it 9

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

Ordered online from K&L a bottle of Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Strength.  This has been a ghost around here for a couple of years so I was happy to get one.  I wasn't happy to see the price go from $40 to $60 though...

I actually passed on the first bottle of OE 7 yr Barrel Proof that I have seen in a while.  It was around $45.  I like it and should have pulled the trigger but I was looking for something specific.  Interestingly, I saw an OE Barrel Proof for $50 at the next store I visited.  It had a barreled date and appeared to be slightly over 4 yrs old.  I had never heard of the Barrel Proof before.  Both were in the 115 to 120 proof range.

17 hours ago, silverc said:

Sacred Bond BIB $25

The Sacred Bond is pretty good.  Aged at least 4 yrs in ex Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. 

Found the Toasted Barrel at retail at a TW out of town.  Stopped off at a nondescript local store in a not-great area and got the C920 and A118 for barely over retail.

3 Elijah Craigs.jpg

• I like it 5

On 7/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, fosmith said:

Those 3 bottles went pretty quickly!  Been really enjoying this bottle.  Great stuff.  

• I like it 1

I haven’t purchased anything today. Yet. 😉 We’re going shopping later to pick up a few things. We’re watching the grandkids this weekend, and my grandson wants me to make my chili. He also wants to help me make it. 🤗 Should be fun. Anyway, I have a feeling that my car will somehow finds its way to at least one liquor store this evening, either before or after  grocery shopping. If I end up buying anything, I’ll post again later. 🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I was lucky enough to have my wife see this posted on Facebook and make a mad dash to the store to procure them, just before they sold out. 

I may keep her around for a few more months. 

20210722_164453.jpg

• I like it 12

3 hours ago, bourbon-n00b said:

I was lucky enough to have my wife see this posted on Facebook and make a mad dash to the store to procure them, just before they sold out. 

I may keep her around for a few more months. 

20210722_164453.jpg

This is awesome!  I find most wives are supportive of bourbon enthusiast as a hobby provided you don't blow the mortgage payment on bourbon, you let them participate in the process, and you don't hide your purchases in the trunk of your car.  @Harry in WashDC gets away with it because he is crafty.  I am not certain my wife would run out and grab bottles for me but she would certainly buy something if she saw it in a store.  In her case, that would be a grocery store since she rarely goes into a liquor store.  However, she has texted me about bottles she has seen either in a store or on the internet on a retailer site.

OBSK is one of my favorite FR recipes.  Enjoy!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

This is awesome!  I find most wives are supportive of bourbon enthusiast as a hobby provided you don't blow the mortgage payment on bourbon, you let them participate in the process, and you don't hide your purchases in the trunk of your car.  @Harry in WashDC gets away with it because he is crafty.  I am not certain my wife would run out and grab bottles for me but she would certainly buy something if she saw it in a store.  In her case, that would be a grocery store since she rarely goes into a liquor store.  However, she has texted me about bottles she has seen either in a store or on the internet on a retailer site.

OBSK is one of my favorite FR recipes.  Enjoy!

Thanks!   It's nice to see a double- digit age statement on this after several in the 8-9 year range.  Not that 10+ is a guarantee of quality but it's a checkmark on the good side of the ledger.

My wife goes back and forth on my whiskey habit.   She complains about the mini-warehouse in the basement but then does something like this.   Oh well, I've stopped trying to predict her long ago. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, bourbon-n00b said:

Oh well, I've stopped trying to predict her long ago. 

Hold that thought for at least the next 40 years and all will be right with the world.   🤪

• I like it 4

I got lucky today and was at the local Total Wine when they brought out 6 bottles of EH Taylor SB BIB. They were all gone in 60 seconds.  I also grabbed the next-to-last bottle of their store pick Four Roses SiB Barrel Strength like bourbon-n00b.  Met one of the founders of https://blackout-group.com/ shopping there as well, filling up his cart.  Considering all the cool barrels they pick, he was buying "mundane" stuff like Old Tub,  Evan Williams SiB, etc. for everyday drinking.

EHT BIB & 4Roses SiB CS.jpg

• I like it 5

4RYL handle to replace the bottle I just finished and WTKS which I haven’t tried before.

182B0995-C432-47D4-82FF-C48709EB9852.thumb.jpeg.414878872c4a1cd6001dacf9b7f02348.jpeg

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

and WTKS which I haven’t tried before.

I really liked the bottle of WTKS I recently finished.  For years I avoided it thinking it's just a WT101 SiB so how can they justify the price?  Well, it's not just a slightly different WT101.  It's a real step up.  As big or bigger step up as Rare Breed.  Of course, it's a single barrel so YMMV. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.