What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened a fresh BT purchased on the Vegas strip for $40. I was gonna either Uber to TW or they deliver for $10 but not till tomorrow so I paid the premium. 

20210923_211026.jpg

20210923_200709.jpg

• I like it 9

Backfilled a couple of items for the weekend.  I enjoyed my bottle of the now empty new EW 1783 so much, I decided to go with the Family size to just repopulate the empty.  And, sadly I’m out out of OF Statesman, so grabbed a new one of those, too!  My trip to the local would have been perfect if they were offering a “buy a Statesman, get a Halle Berry for free!”…Of course, if that would have happened my punk ass would be sweating and shaking so profusely I couldn’t hold on to this phone.  😁

F0554539-3AA3-4DFF-A7C4-B34B730EE42C.jpeg

• I like it 8

Found this in my travels,  and the miracle of carrying a pocket computer in a package store allowed me to find out that this is around five years old and distilled by a quite reputable craft distiller,  Black Dirt from the Hudson River vallley.   Just 86 proof and about about 40 bucks,  that's in my wheelhouse for at least a try.

What's it like?   A great beach bourbon,  easy to sip and flavorful.  The nose is no great shakes,  but I love the creamy palate that shows no real sighs of youth.    I've had 3-year Black Dirt before and liked it enough to buy another.   This has greater age,  and it's all to the good.

The brand itself sounds like a bit of a gimmick;  it's apparently from a tourist-trap distillery on the corner of Great Jones and Broadway,  "the first in Manhattan",  owned by the same drinks company that recently purchased Black Dirt. 

Maybe when Comrade DiBlasio has departed NYC I'll have some reason again to visit,  and this place seems like a lot of fun.   In the meantime I can report that the juice is honeyed,  balanced,  and hits the old spot.

20210925_122529.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead

On a whim I stopped by a local Walgreens today on the way home from a soccer game and stumbled into this.  They had eight of the green and I already have a fair amount stashed so I left some on the shelf….going to try hard to not go back and  clean them out tomorrow.

$63.32 total otd.

EC6650BD-8D26-4277-992D-3079D549FEE7.jpeg

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

On a whim I stopped by a local Walgreens today on the way home from a soccer game and stumbled into this.  They had eight of the green and I already have a fair amount stashed so I left some on the shelf….going to try hard to not go back and  clean them out tomorrow.

$63.32 total otd.

Nice pickups T. 👍  I must say that I’m a little envious of the HH 6’s. On my last trip to Kentucky (2019), I forgot to grab any. Doh! 🙄 Cheers and enjoy. :)

Biba! Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Kepler said:

Has anyone ever seen a 1 Liter size of 1792?  I had never seen it before. It's a weird shaped bottle, tall and narrow almost like a wine bottle.  I included a 1.75 and 750 in the photo for scale, and also a Bookers bottle.  

The store had a 10% off sale which made the Liter size equivalent to a 750 at $22.60 so I went ahead and picked it up.

20210814_175447.jpg

20210814_175622.jpg

I picked up one of these today in Rochester, NY, just because I was intrigued (not exactly enamored) with the bottle. 

IMG_20211009_145037631_HDR.jpg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

just because I was intrigued (not exactly enamored) with the bottle. 

IMG_20211009_145037631_HDR.jpg

Same

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.