Angels Envy

c4corvetteman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Angels Envy released a Founders day Bourbon @ $350. Is it really worth it. 
will it be collectible 

Not likely.

It might be collectible to folks that are big fans of AE, but I can't imagine it'll be a must have for many people. If you're asking if there will be a big secondary market bump for it I'd say no. 

• I like it 2

Bourbon is not meant to be a collectible. It is meant to be consumed.

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, c4corvetteman said:

Angels Envy released a Founders day Bourbon @ $350. Is it really worth it. 
will it be collectible 

I can't imagine any bourbon worth $350.  I also can't imagine any bourbon being a collectible.  I can't imagine anything by Angels Envy being worth anything more than $50 unless it is Cask Strength and then I might go $75.

• I like it 1

I looked it up.  Suggested retail price given by Angel's Envy was $229 (which I would still never pay).  It's some whiskey they source, then aged for a year in a Madiera cask.

I say go to a shop with a decent wine selection.  Buy some Madiera.  See how you like it.  If you think it's good, mix a little into a decent mid shelf bourbon.  Maybe let it mingle a week or more.

• I like it 1

Just now, PaulO said:

I looked it up.  Suggested retail price given by Angel's Envy was $229 (which I would still never pay).  It's some whiskey they source, then aged for a year in a Madiera cask.

I say go to a shop with a decent wine selection.  Buy some Madiera.  See how you like it.  If you think it's good, mix a little into a decent mid shelf bourbon.  Maybe let it mingle a week or more.

PaulO speaking wisdom right here.

I have to give credit.  Wade presented the idea here of adding I believe half an ounce of fortified wine to 750ml of whiskey to reproduce effect of wine barrel finishing.

Marketing ploys work, because people flock to them.

Say it is limited, and gotta have it.

No thanks, I'm not interested.

10 hours ago, flahute said:

Bourbon is not meant to be a collectible. It is meant to be consumed.

. . . with good friends and family during times good and bad, IMHO.   🥰

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.