An update on Buffalo Trace's $1.2 billion expansion

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'd like it if they spent all that money to bring up the production of wheat and mash bill #2.  Make their volume equal to mash bill # 1.  🏭

It would be interesting to know how much more product they are bottling on a yearly basis, and how much more to expect in the coming year. I don't know if it's been a change of allocation, increase in output, or a decrease in local interest, but basic BT has been more available this year than last. It's still far from everywhere, but I know where I can usually find it for a decent price, whereas it was a snipe hunt last year. I've seen it sitting on the shelf at Walmart this spring/summer (albeit overpriced at $30) and usually available, whereas last year it would disappear immediately at that price.

Weller is still vaporware here, although that's probably because Joe gets all of it!

• I like it 1

I used to regularly stay in contact with the powers that be at BT. I’v had a lot going on since the beginning of the year, so I haven’t touched base with them for a while now. As an odd coincidence, I actually received an email from them today. I may reach out to them, or visit “The Trace” in the not too distant future. If I receive any info, I’ll be sure to post what I can. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

I toured BT on Weds (8/18). There is construction equipment all over the place. They are in fact offering a tour focusing on the new construction for those that want to see it all and are suggesting it to those that have toured BT in the past. I/we did the regular tour so we kind of stayed away from new construction areas. I did see the new column still and building skeleton but didn’t take a pic. My only construction related pic is kind of lame.

F283B6CD-BDFB-4EDC-A1AC-6BEF76942BAA.thumb.jpeg.49fec34b4b77361ba40cb614c00f0d95.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.