What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Busy day today, and it’ll be a very long day tomorrow. Gotta be up and at ‘em early, so I’m not sure if I’ll have a pour or not. Either way, you’re on your own tonight @mbroo5880i. We’re passing on the new Hallmark movie this evening. 😉

Biba! Joe

It's a good one!  

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It's a good one!  

We’re switching back and forth between the Cubs game and The Grand Ole Opry. 😊Guess I’ll join you with a short pour of 101. MM 101 that is.😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

After my Oktoberfest experience, WT 101 a nice full bodied Bourbon seemed the best match to follow the German food.

• I like it 3

Celebrated 23 years with my wife at a nice dinner out - a new place only a couple miles from the house - with a Sazerac, my test cocktail to see how good the bartender is. He passed! Back at home with a large bottle kill pour of William Heaven Hill 14yr at 115 proof.

• I like it 15

landed in nashville late. dive bar near my hotel had good selection and prices. 2 oz. pours- had a Hancocks for 8$, then a couple of GTS's at 20$ per. yum! if anyone has any other nashville suggestions for bottles or pours, please pm!!

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 3

15 hours ago, steven s said:

landed in nashville late. dive bar near my hotel had good selection and prices. 2 oz. pours- had a Hancocks for 8$, then a couple of GTS's at 20$ per. yum! if anyone has any other nashville suggestions for bottles or pours, please pm!!

Pucketts Grocery has a pretty good whiskey list.

AF7EEB1E-4B92-4AF7-9DC1-F575D66011BD.thumb.jpeg.268de11b64be7d011849cc0ece8c5525.jpeg

JB Distiller's Cut tonight. I have a couple more in the cupboard, but boy am I going to miss this when it's gone; nothing else like it in the basic JB lineup.

• I like it 6

Screwin' around with a blend this evening.    I have a McKenzie's single barrel (4.5 years, wheated)  that I generally like but which leads off with a mustiness that I wanted to fix.    Mixing it with Stranahan's Blue Peak to up the barley count and temper the dust.   It seems to work,  at about 30 - 40 percent Stranie's.   

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Spending the week in KY with some friends. We brought provisions.

I thought most folks went to KY to get provisions. :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

BT in the glass tonight.Three long days in a row. Chances are it’ll be another long one tomorrow.  🥵  I’m retired now. WTF? 😜 I just might be having another pour or two of BT, or something else I have open. 😏

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, B.B. Babington said:

ain't it grand 🥂

Well…… 🤔 The crazy thing is, all that’s been going on lately isn’t really  related to any “honey do” lists. FWIW, my wife retired a month before I did. We’re kinda in this together but….😬

Biba! Joe

23 hours ago, lemonman said:

JB Distiller's Cut tonight. I have a couple more in the cupboard, but boy am I going to miss this when it's gone; nothing else like it in the basic JB lineup.

This sounded like a great idea, I’ll join you!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I thought most folks went to KY to get provisions. :huh:

Biba! Joe

Oh I did! But we brought some stuff we knew we wouldn't find here. 

20211004_160506.jpg

• I like it 1

Was held hostage in a hospital for ten days - no spicy food, no carbonated beverages, and NO BOURBON!  Escaped and headed straight to McDonalds for a Big Mac.

Working my way back to real life.  SO! Last night and tonight it is an ounce or two or three of a local deli’s house KSBW “Green Label” 80 proof “aged three years”.  Pretty sure it is HH distillate.  Deli is two blocks from me, and I’ve been shopping there since 1975. A handle is $22.99.  I may stay down here on the bottom shelf for awhile as this stuff tastes GOOD!

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.