What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I really enjoyed RR IV.  I bought two bottles @ an average price of around $70.  I doubt I will find any this year much less @ that price.  But, you never know, it lingered on the shelves for a while once it hit Indiana.

I have been on the look out for RR V.

it was $80 here.

disappeared rather quickly this year… 😕

• I like it 1

Trying a sample of 1792 FP given to me by @Galvin0791. As @Vosgar used to say when he tried something good, “Ooooh.” :o First sip neat was like hot cotton candy/bubble gum. A splash of water and a couple of cubes  tamed the heat, and the flavor changed to something akin to a sweet cookie or bread dough. (?) 🤔 Pretty darned good.👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

On 10/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, GeeTen said:

I gotta' get runs to cover the spread.  Besides, who's gonna' steal signs from whom???   🤣

Old Rip 25 work for you , sir???  🥰

I think the team with the noisiest trash can wins. 🤣  

Old Rip 25?!?  Too rich for my blood. I was thinking Mellow Corn 🌽????? 😀

Have a good series. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, smokinjoe said:

You’ll miss the Hallmark movie?  🤪

haha....it was on.  I just tried to divert my attention by all means possible.

I am whipping up on a bottle of MM101 this week.  It will be emptied.  The question is whether it will be emptied before or after my wife walks in the room and turns it to the Hallmark movie.  Right now, I am watching A Few Good Men.  

Another Hallmark movie?  Sometimes I can't handle the truth.

• I like it 3

BT Kosher Rye Recipe while watching the NLCS. Very good. Have about 1/3 bottle left. Love Ron Darling on the broadcast to get my Mets fix.

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

First pour of the night. Such a nice drink for the money. 

20211016_195435.jpg

That is on my list to pick up down South.  It's been a long time.

2x WTRB at dinner out. 

Then RR13 in hot tub post dinner. Large # birthday and all.

And, no, the red is not my blood!

0093EE9C-BABA-4265-9774-F42D3DB7E753.thumb.jpeg.636257eb32aafcfa895f41319cf77dd5.jpegC2FECC74-5F3C-4ED4-81A1-C925BA902616.thumb.jpeg.fb933d78608555a7acf1c092c9b87495.jpeg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20211016_195435.jpg

Boomer!

Plenty of good bourbon and rum was poured with @PhantomLamb tonight. We’ve been texting and muling bottles for each other for a while, but this was our first real get together.

I’d never have met Dylan if it wasn’t for this site. So how cool is that. We grilled some burgers, shot the shit and drank good liquor. 

And it’s worth noting the immense generosity of other whiskey lovers on SB. Dylan even brought (and left) a bottle of Little Book Ch. 3 tonight. 

I love whiskey, and love others who love whiskey too. I’m glad SB is here to connect people like us to one another. 

Cheers, fellas.

• I like it 13

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Another Hallmark movie?  Sometimes I can't handle the truth.

I’m sure you already know @mbroo5880i, but there’s a new Signed, Sealed, Delivered movie on tonight. 😉

Biba! Joe

11 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Plenty of good bourbon and rum was poured with @PhantomLamb tonight. We’ve been texting and muling bottles for each other for a while, but this was our first real get together.

I’d never have met Dylan if it wasn’t for this site. So how cool is that. We grilled some burgers, shot the shit and drank good liquor. 

And it’s worth noting the immense generosity of other whiskey lovers on SB. Dylan even brought (and left) a bottle of Little Book Ch. 3 tonight. 

I love whiskey, and love others who love whiskey too. I’m glad SB is here to connect people like us to one another. 

Cheers, fellas.

Ditto, I'm still craving more of that KC 15yr. pick and its shoe-polish-y goodness.  Plus the deceiving Sam Houston was very good as well.  You need todrain pour that Stoll and Wolfe though 🤢.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Ditto, I'm still craving more of that KC 15yr. pick and its shoe-polish-y goodness.  Plus the deceiving Sam Houston was very good as well.  You need todrain pour that Stoll and Wolfe though 🤢.

Yeah it’s a bummer about that Stoll & Wolfe. I want to like it, I really do. But like you said, it kinda smells like concentrated cat pee.

Woof. 

Edited by Rhettro

HH white label at home after sitting through a terrible Giants game in a stadium half filled with Rams fans and a not so surprising large amount of empty seats.

MM101 after dinner.  I go back and forth over whether I like the 101 or the CS better.  Right now it's the 101, since it's in the glass.

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Cheers, fellas.

Besides the Library of Congress like information available in the archives here and the daily civil and intelligent discussion of bourbon topics that is not available anywhere else, your comments of the community that has been fostered for over two decades is what makes SB so very special.  Good on you guys to create yet another branch in the SB family tree.  👍🏻

• I like it 4

23 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20211016_195435.jpg

Glad you found some.

Also, I’m gonna need a taste 😁🥃.

Blanton's in mass quantities after a heart-breaking loss to the Cowboys.  Might just have to finish the bottle . . .  😪

• I like it 6

Weller SR so far.  Fifteen minutes to Hallmark. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's in mass quantities after a heart-breaking loss to the Cowboys.  Might just have to finish the bottle . . .  😪

condolences.  or congrats if the bottle works out well 🤪

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.