What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Back from our first weekend at our newly purchased cabin and having a taste of Old Ezra Barrel Strength.  

• I like it 5

Last night, OGD BiB, started watching MNF, ended watching the Bourbon Pursuit round table live in bed because one of my daughters came home with some friends and took over our living room, dining room, kitchen, porch, family room and I had to escape. Drinking in bed, that can't be good.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, RT Fan said:

Nothing, it is an alcohol free day, damn you conscience! 😉

Think I’ll join you RT. 🙂 “Make mine a double!”  🤣

Biba! Joe

2nd pour of Blantons watching 3rd period of an Original  6 matchup Canadiens at Rangers.

Hockey trivia - Rangers 1st game as a franchise 95 years ago tonight against Montreal Maroons.

• I like it 1

Went bunker diving and pulled out an Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Proof. Wow this is good. Should have bought more of these when they were readily available.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Think I’ll join you RT. 🙂 “Make mine a double!”  🤣

Biba! Joe

You sure know how to hurt a guy….😝

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, flahute said:

Went bunker diving and pulled out an Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Proof. Wow this is good. Should have bought more of these when they were readily available.

This is the one I long for… it was always the perfect NYC hotel room pick-up as even the Broadway/Times Square gougers priced it under the $30 mark.

5ee8f7749cd15f1e15d80306_Old-Ezra-101-Proof-7-Year-05a.thumb.jpg.4544c390312ed7c81add9b5811dfee8e.jpg

• I like it 2

I won’t go into the reason that there are ice cubes in the glass of the last pour of the season from my Summer Yella Label garage freezer bottle, but suffice to say I can be even dumber at times than I am usually…More worrisome though, it made PERFECT sense to me at the time…😐

C1E9E11F-D9E3-4E5B-A705-EE00369AB341.jpeg

• I like it 6

Supporting a fellow member, I joined @RT Fan last night in abstaining from alcohol. What about tonight?  🤔🥃

Biba! Joe

8 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Supporting a fellow member, I joined @RT Fan last night in abstaining from alcohol. What about tonight?  🤔🥃

Biba! Joe

I’m with you guys— it’s weekends only (unless I’m on the road).

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I won’t go into the reason that there are ice cubes in the glass of the last pour of the season from my Summer Yella Label garage freezer bottle, but suffice to say I can be even dumber at times than I am usually…More worrisome though, it made PERFECT sense to me at the time…😐

I got one of those glasses.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I have been trying to limit my mid-week pours.  However, tonight, I am helping a co-worker research a work project so I decided to treat myself with a nice pour of Basil Hayden while reading federal regulations.  

I don't drink it often but when I do it usually hits the spot.  Nice light entry followed by a medium to long light spicy peppery finish.  It is easy to see why it is enjoyed by new and old bourbon drinkers alike.  Understated much like the FRYL that @smokinjoe is drinking tonight.  Not everything needs to be higher proof to enjoy.

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You just wanted it extra cold! I got you.

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

This is the one I long for… it was always the perfect NYC hotel room pick-up as even the Broadway/Times Square gougers priced it under the $30 mark.

5ee8f7749cd15f1e15d80306_Old-Ezra-101-Proof-7-Year-05a.thumb.jpg.4544c390312ed7c81add9b5811dfee8e.jpg

Oh yeah, I miss that one too. Only had a couple of bottles of those before they went away.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, flahute said:

So if these were ready available in my area, I should already own one?

Long time no see. Hope everyone is good.

I started tonight with a Little Book Chapter 5, followed it with a Chapter 4, and now working on a Michter's Bourbon.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.