What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying a recently acquired McKenzie bourbon.  Really liking this, so kudos to Finger Lakes Distilling.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

GW4G with home-cooked chinese food (surprise) tonite!  Yummo.  😋

General Tso’s or sweet and sour chicken? 😬

30 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

Enjoying a recently acquired McKenzie bourbon.  Really liking this, so kudos to Finger Lakes Distilling.

Is Tom McKenzie still there?  He used to frequent these boards frequently.  

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I think so but I'm not 100% sure.  I didn't meet with anyone associated with the distillation side of things when I was there.  They weren't doing tours, so we just did some tasting.  Their facility was nice and the folks in the tasting room were great.

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Can someone frequent infrequently?

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Can someone frequent infrequently?

Heehee!  Yeah, that was a dumb one…🤪. I should edit it, but f&$# it.  😁

• I like it 3

The prepping for Thanksgiving Day feast is in full swing, so protocol allows for the opening of the WT Rare Breed during the prep work.    Magnificent whiskey.  Thanksgiving Eve protocol may need to allow the opening of a second if I ain’t careful…😁

B8244ED2-E3C4-4F37-A04B-4F778BAC4EBD.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 8

4 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

The prepping for Thanksgiving Day feast is in full swing, 

Same here. I’m doing my best to avoid the kitchen since my wife is making deserts for our family Thanksgiving get together. Our dining room table is becoming filled up with pumpkin cream cheese muffins topped with streusel, and her infamous mini chocolate cheese cakes. More to come tomorrow. FWIW, it’s gonna be nice to once again be able to get together with all the family for Thanksgiving at my nieces/@Galvin0791 s house.

Anyway, I had a nice pour of ER earlier. After getting to clean the chocolate off the mixing bowl and beaters used to make the cheesecakes, I then opened a liter of BT and had a nice pour of it too. Ahhh, life is good. 😋 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  🦅 🦬 🦃 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

On 11/22/2021 at 8:17 PM, mal00768 said:

General Tso’s or sweet and sour chicken? 😬

Neither - home made wonton and siu mai.  Now prepping fried rice for the turkey stuffing.  BTW, turkey is really good with soy sauce, FYI.  Yummo.   😂

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

I’ll be drinking later after dinner. 😬 We’re watching the grandkids today. They helped my wife make a new desert treat for tomorrow. Grinchkabobs. 🤪

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e6183acbe0e909d1bf3c8bdac3a9eaf8.jpeg

• I like it 8

BT until the bottle’s empty (only a couple of pours left). I gave my BIL some TX Bourbon to mix in his Coke (😎). I plan to switch to Remus Repeal V after (such awesome bang for the buck).

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

BT until the bottle’s empty (only a couple of pours left). I gave my BIL some TX Bourbon to mix in his Coke (😎). I plan to switch to Remus Repeal V after (such awesome bang for the buck).

Still looking for my first Remus Repeal V.  I had two bottles of Remus Repeal IV last year and it was stellar. 

• I like it 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Still looking for my first Remus Repeal V.  I had two bottles of Remus Repeal IV last year and it was stellar. 

I really like the Remus IV also.

• I like it 2

I am drinking a nice pour of Basil Hayden's.  It is very good for what it is.  However, I much prefer OGD100.  I will follow something with a little more oomph while watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am drinking a nice pour of Basil Hayden's.  It is very good for what it is.  However, I much prefer OGD100.  I will follow something with a little more oomph while watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Watched “Planes, Trains” on Saturday. Yearly tradition I always look forward to. I would’ve watched it tonight, but we headed down to my dad’s in DC for Thanksgiving today. 

• I like it 1

The turkey is in the brine.  The rub is put together.  Started with a pour of JB SiB that weighed in at 108 proof.  Really enjoyed it.  Followed that with a KC SiB Cask Strength 12 year that is a robust 124.3 proof.  Deep color and a burnt caramel on the tongue.  

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ll be drinking later after dinner. 😬 We’re watching the grandkids today. They helped my wife make a new desert treat for tomorrow. Grinchkabobs. 🤪

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e6183acbe0e909d1bf3c8bdac3a9eaf8.jpeg

Joe, 

Those are really cool.  They could also be used for Christmas.  What did you use to draw the faces on the grapes?  Hopefully, not a Sharpie!  😜

Just for kicks, you could hide a green olive or two in there just to watch the kids faces.

• I like it 2

Second half of PT&A.  I moved on to OF Statesman.  I always thought it was klitzy but then @smokinjoemade it sound cool.  

Now I realize all the cool kids have it in their bunker.

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.