What bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2021)

CreepFactor10
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

We may have gone a bit crazy again on the long weekend trip to the Motherland. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20211114_205002.jpg

like fishnbowljoe said, looks like a great saturday.  good mainstays like ECBP and ER10, pikesville, and interesting additions like the EC "bomb" hersheys Yuengling, Moore Chardonnay (which I like a lot), reservation rye.  Looks like you had fun and more fun to come.

• I like it 1

I was in TW picking up a couple of Christmas gifts and stumbled on some Eagle Rare.  So that bird came home with me!

• I like it 7

The WT was a loc@l purchase.  The MWND is a gift from my youngest son.  He just got back from a summer in SD and Utah.   He did some work but seemed to mostly rock climb the summer away.

A4308C59-C754-4494-9928-02050999E0DA.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 11/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, markandrex said:

A really good day.  Beautiful Indian Summer drive in the Corvette.  My friend near Land Between The Lakes was holding this for me.

27237054-990C-40AC-A9BB-1386CF7427DE.jpeg

D1A4BAFF-D656-4203-8527-B4E4DF2BFD20.jpeg

I want that Brunswick table.  Was it one of the old school classics with the dial to keep score?

Bourbon is pretty sweet too.

18 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I want that Brunswick table.  Was it one of the old school classics with the dial to keep score?

Bourbon is pretty sweet too.

It is a 1921 Monarch that I restored.  4.5x 9.  1.5 inch slate.  Even found the pocket blocks so you can shoot snooker.

I stopped at our local FW&GS and saw a couple Booker boxes behind the counter.  Apparently a 'Bardstown" edition?  I grabbed one.  The clerk told me they had JD 10Y for a few minutes too.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

It is a 1921 Monarch that I restored.  4.5x 9.  1.5 inch slate.  Even found the pocket blocks so you can shoot snooker.

Oh wow that must be a beauty. Not to derail this thread but I’d love to see the legs and sides.  I’d like a Brunswick but probably some thing like the 60s models but would like a 9 footer.  As soon as we live out of town and get a bigger place.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, Clueby said:

We may have gone a bit crazy again on the long weekend trip to the Motherland. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20211114_205002.jpg

My man! Props for the Hershey Yuengling. Makes me actually proud to be a Pennsylvanian for once 😂.

11 hours ago, markandrex said:

The WT was a loc@l purchase.  The MWND is a gift from my youngest son.  He just got back from a summer in SD and Utah.   He did some work but seemed to mostly rock climb the summer away.

A4308C59-C754-4494-9928-02050999E0DA.jpeg

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Turkey.   I found it good, not great.   Struggling with the value vs the pour.

48 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

The booze that wouldn't fit in my travel bags has arrived…

There's no store or group on that Old Fo label?🤔

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

There's no store or group on that Old Fo label?🤔

Same with the Baker’s. They were distributor selections spread amongst their key retailers. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Same with the Baker’s. They were distributor selections spread amongst their key retailers. 

interesting

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

The booze that wouldn't fit in my travel bags has arrived…

IMG_7063.thumb.jpg.66706b3fe7aaaf2456b25411a02cb65e.jpg

Boom that's a haul!

Couple of LS informed me that the new JMCB MI only release should be in this week... Have a feeling they will all be kept in back for certain "customers"... 🤞

I will probably sit out the seasonal allocated blitz so trying to cope as best I can 😁

Even better when the wife does the courier service!

IMG_20211117_114548.jpg

Edited by bourbon-n00b
  • I like it 9

I bought Booker's Little Book Chapter 5 as well as my first Pinhook today. Excited to try my first Pinhook as I don't have a clue on what to expect.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I bought Booker's Little Book Chapter 5 as well as my first Pinhook today. Excited to try my first Pinhook as I don't have a clue on what to expect.

I really enjoyed the Lil Book 5 - I have liked the last 3 well enough.   Curious to hear your thoughts.

Was in a nearby LS yesterday checking out the selection. Some guy was also looking, and heard him ask an employee if they had any Weller. The employee went to the "back room" and came back with a SR, asked the guy if this was the bottle, the guy said "yeah", and the employee said he would bring the bottle up front for him. He paid and left. When the employee came back I asked if he had anymore left, and what they were going for. He said they had 1 more left, and the price was $88. Pass. What some people will pay these days, but who am I to judge.

I did leave with a 1L 1783, and a bottle of their RR PS they just got in, and I still paid less than what they were asking for the Weller SR. Crazy.

Side note - I did get a sample of the RR before buying, and it is very good. They also had a 1792 FP PS in at $45, which I'll probs go back for, although their last pick of this was a pretty so so, and they didn't have a sample bottle open to try. Pricing in that store is all over the place.

IMG_2589.jpg

• I like it 6

On 11/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, Clueby said:

20211114_205002.jpg

I've been thinking about thi ever since you posted.  It's a great collection of stuff I enjoy sitting down and drinkin'.  Most of these are hard to get in my local world.  I like your style.  When ya invitin' me over?

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I really enjoyed the Lil Book 5 - I have liked the last 3 well enough.   Curious to hear your thoughts.

Lil Book 5 is unreal. 4 just has so much bizarre flavors, to me, that 5 doesn't. I think I'll finish 5 before 6 comes out for sure... unlike 4.

13 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

Lil Book 5 is unreal. 4 just has so much bizarre flavors, to me, that 5 doesn't. I think I'll finish 5 before 6 comes out for sure... unlike 4.

Agreed, for being so young it was good, but not $120 good.  $60 maybe, on an off day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.