What bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2021)

CreepFactor10
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, Mattk said:

So I didn't sleep overnight on a sidewalk in Virginia, but I did drive down pretty early in the morning. Sadly by the time I got my ticket all the bottles I was really interested in were spoken for. So I picked this up for a buddy of mine who I hunt with often.

IMG_20211120_170638.jpg

I did.  16 hours on the sidewalk.  24 degrees overnight.  Huddled under blankets in lounge chairs, a lady offered us money because she thought we were homeless.  Got a 2020 GTS for the trouble.  People came from at least 6 states.  Some concerns hired 50+ people to stand on the walk for them.  At one store a whole row of cars with Kentucky plates was spotted. 

1 hour ago, B.B. Babington said:

I did.  16 hours on the sidewalk.  24 degrees overnight.  Huddled under blankets in lounge chairs, a lady offered us money because she thought we were homeless.  Got a 2020 GTS for the trouble.  People came from at least 6 states.  Some concerns hired 50+ people to stand on the walk for them.  At one store a whole row of cars with Kentucky plates was spotted. 

Wtf

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, B.B. Babington said:

Did you take the money?

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

I hope this is sarcasm. No luxury item/hobby is worth that ever.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

My cousin did as well. Group of 4 of them and they brought a tent. Wild. They each got a’20GTS and chose an out of the way store to reduce chances of being recognized!😂🤣

Finally was able to cart it and check out from ABC Vault (Florida) after getting shut out 3 prior times. 

2020 release 134.5 proof -  $119.99

William Larue Weller 2020 134proof.jpg

Edited by Whitewhale
  • I like it 18

1 hour ago, Whitewhale said:

Finally was able to cart it and check out from ABC Vault (Florida) after getting shut out 3 prior times. 

Nicely done!  Enjoy, it's a heck of a pour.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Whitewhale said:

I'm coming to terms that I will never stumble across a BTAC out in the wild. But seeing posts like this gives me hope!

Enjoy my brother.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, LvR Mike said:

I'm coming to terms that I will never stumble across a BTAC out in the wild. But seeing posts like this gives me hope!

Enjoy my brother.

Thanks man!!  ABC Fine Wine and Spirits in Florida has a reward program for those that spend over $1,000 per year at their stores.  Once you reach that "Gold" status, they send you an email once every few months with various offerings from their vault (BTACs, occasionally PVW, Weller 12, Blantons, etc.).  It's first come first serve so you have to be lightning fast when that e-mail comes in.  I was out in less than a minute of receiving the invite e-mail last week.  My biggest scores have been GTS, WLW, ORVW and Weller Single Barrel all at MSRP.

Picked up this today for $46.99 plus tax. Appears the cat is getting a quick nosing. My guy had it waiting for me. Also, was killing time while waiting to get a text that my table was ready at a restaurant and dropped in a nearby LS and they happened to have the new C batch of ECBP. Crazy I paid $20 more for the ECBP. Prices are wonky.

70B4F017-F657-40C9-9872-723322D7AA2C.jpeg

• I like it 8

I don't know anything about this but I got excited when I saw it. Had to blow off mounds of dust too.

AEE8C11F-9EDA-4CF6-9DF7-99DF6DE9C398.jpeg

• I like it 6

5 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

I've never seen a Sam Houston but I'd like to try one. An Old Carter too.

State liquor stores got a bunch of these, and they have been sitting on the shelves for some time. I have held off because of the price, but won a few bucks playing poker the past couple of weeks and figured I would splurge because I keep hearing good things about it. 

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

I don't know anything about this 

AEE8C11F-9EDA-4CF6-9DF7-99DF6DE9C398.jpeg

I love how these are still out there,

Still being ignored by the “old timers”.

A few forum searches in the past should provide you with all the info you want to know.

Decent enough whiskey, but this came out at a very high price point at a time when 14y+ KC store picks (120p) were plentiful on shelves for around $40.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I've never seen a Sam Houston but I'd like to try one. An Old Carter too.

Dunno how it is in your area, but you might look at Calumet 15.  It is much more available than the Sam Houston where I am.  Some friends and I did a SBS with Calumet 15 and Sam Houston 15 (2001 CA-1 batch) and found them very similar (same juice after all), with a very slight edge to the Calumet.  Of course the are so many different batches of the Sam Houston that YMMV.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:57 PM, Cincybearcats said:

93E7CA6E-61FD-4153-B057-92D82E1AAF80.jpeg

How is that Balboa Rye? I've been seeing them around but haven't heard too much about them.  

Saw this today while perusing the shelves of a DC store I hadn’t been to for years. I’ve heard good things. I plan to pop the cork when I get back to my Dad’s place to enjoy the pizza and Korean wings we picked up while we were out. 

E035C905-A2B8-4172-A8E1-63F824379EE8.jpeg

• I like it 2

49 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

Saw this today while perusing the shelves of a DC store I hadn’t been to for years. I’ve heard good things. I plan to pop the cork when I get back to my Dad’s place to enjoy the pizza and Korean wings we picked up while we were out. 

This look unreal. I would buy one with no hesitation.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Rhettro said:

"Bottled In Bond" makes it interesting to me.

• I like it 1

Seeing more MM101 around lately, so I got some as I haven't had it in awhile. :) Man I really like this juice...

• I like it 5

12 hours ago, apt43bear said:

How is that Balboa Rye? I've been seeing them around but haven't heard too much about them.  

I think it's good.   Definitely try if you favor a 95% MGP-style rye.   Pumpernickel.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.