What bourbon did you pass on fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I worked at the local Paccar Parts distribution center. 28 years of throwing truck parts. 😉 A couple of weeks after I retired, I was invited back for the 30th anniversary of the Rockford facility. A local dealership provided a Pete for display. The area behind our warehouse had just been repaved. The markings on the asphalt designate locations for truck cabs and hoods. 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.5e2c18d07a9182930f11a3ca02709150.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.488d04450d857cd0242861fffdb00801.jpeg

Impressive rig for sure. Did you take your lunch cooler with you out of habit Joe?

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 2

Whenever I see a Peterbilt, it takes me back to Jr. High school in the mid-70’s and a teacher at our school.  If anyone remembers the big burnished brass belt buckles with logos, brands, etc., stamped on them that were popular at the time, he wore one that had the Peterbilt logo, but right above it was stamped, “How’s your”. 😂😂.

It was a better world, back then…😂

PS:  I had a shitty small Sears Roebuck buckle that was pretty lame.  But, I got a huge Coor’s beer one for Christmas that year that was friggin’ awesome.  😁

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Whenever I see a Peterbilt, it takes me back to Jr. High school in the mid-70’s and a teacher at our school.  If anyone remembers the big burnished brass belt buckles with logos, brands, etc., stamped on them that were popular at the time, he wore one that had the Peterbilt logo, but right above it was stamped, “How’s your”. 😂😂.

PS:  I had a shitty small Sears Roebuck buckle that was pretty lame.  But, I got a huge Coor’s beer one for Christmas that year that was friggin’ awesome.  😁

Nice! I had an iron-on “ringer” tee with an “Old Truckers Never Die, They Just Get a New Peterbilt” design back in the day. Everything else had an STP logo on it. 

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I worked at the local Paccar Parts distribution center. 28 years of throwing truck parts.

A local dealership provided a Pete for display. 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.5e2c18d07a9182930f11a3ca02709150.jpeg

Nice!

20 years later, and I think the only thing they’ve changed are the headlights and added the D.E.F. tank.

I’ve been seeing on the road and reading about the conversation of trucks over to electric power.  The world is definitely changing.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha, and our High School had an official student smoking area on the other side of the sidewalk out in front.  Some underclassmen even went over there because they said they had "permission".

Saw a bottle of Weller 12 in a local liquor store and just for a goof I asked how much, $300 was the answer. After I stopped laughing, I put the bottle back on the shelf. 

• I like it 1

I had quite the day. Let's get started:

Pappy 10 - $900

Pappy 12 - $1,000

Stagg Jr. - $300

Blanton's - $150

And this bad boy:

CE70EC57-9808-4D1C-BD6D-F75A60BB96FF.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 11/20/2021 at 5:34 AM, smokinjoe said:

art-r-crumb-keep-on-truckin-poster-PS8865.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, flahute said:

art-r-crumb-keep-on-truckin-poster-PS8865.jpeg

Ha!  😂. I had the sticker, but not the T-Shirt!  

Up near TN for work so I decided to see if a New Riff Balboa rye might be available to me, no luck.... one of these years I guess. So I passed  on everything else. 
I did stop by the Chattanooga Distillery and tried a few of thier wares. They are doing some fine work and one day I will add one. I held off as I was so hoping for that elusive Balboa that nothing else was going to suffice. 

54 minutes ago, kcgumbohead said:

Up near TN for work so I decided to see if a New Riff Balboa rye might be available to me, no luck.... one of these years I guess. So I passed  on everything else. 
I did stop by the Chattanooga Distillery and tried a few of thier wares. They are doing some fine work and one day I will add one. I held off as I was so hoping for that elusive Balboa that nothing else was going to suffice. 

I was able to purchase a Balboa Saturday at the distillery when I picked up the latest club offering - Red Turkey Wheat

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Cincybearcats said:

I was able to purchase a Balboa Saturday at the distillery when I picked up the latest club offering - Red Turkey Wheat

Enjoy it!! Its a good one from the memory of the pour I had. In GA so too far for a road trip . Wish they would release it in the spring then at least I would have a shot in KY on the annual Bardstown trip. Once the mania dies down in a few years odds will improve.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, RT Fan said:

Stopped into a local liquor store to pick up some sweet vermouth, it is Manhattan  season after all and checked out the bourbon selections. Eagle Rare @$48.99, yikes. I loved It at $29.99. Bought it up to $39.99 but had to pass at this level. 

Sadly, I would have grabbed it at $50/btl. Last 2 times I have been offered ER it was $90. I passed on it, I still have a reserve of a few bottles.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Seems legit.  Get 2.

I wonder if they do a case discount of 15% when you buy 6?   

Might be best to wait for that sale!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, steven s said:

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 12.49.47 PM.png

I wonder how many here in this forum typed in the internet address at the top of page.   😀

I know I did.  They also have a bottle of Blanton's, Glencairn glass set, and cigar for $68.99.  It says 12 people are also viewing it right now.  I wonder if it is the same 12 people viewing the bottle of Pappy.  Looks like I need to make a road trip to Michigan.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

In the last three days, I have passed on:

Old Ezra Barrel Proof @$65

Sazerac Rye @$80

McKenna 10 @$130

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof @$100

Yellowstone Barrel Proof @$100

I laughed out loud at the McKenna price. Bought a Dickel BIB instead.

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, TBoner said:

In the last three days, I have passed on:

Old Ezra Barrel Proof @$65

Sazerac Rye @$80

McKenna 10 @$130

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof @$100

Yellowstone Barrel Proof @$100

I laughed out loud at the McKenna price. Bought a Dickel BIB instead.

Duuuuuude!!!!  Welcome back!!! Good to hear from you! 👍🏻👍🏻

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.