Bourbon Trail recommendation

DanP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In March I’m going to see Buddy Guy at the Ryman in Nashville on a Saturday night, and we were thinking of driving up to Kentucky for a couple of days to hit the Bourbon Trail.

I’ve never been to any of the distilleries, was wondering if any of you have any recommendations.   We’ll only have two days, so won’t get to see but a few.  Where would you stay?  Which distilleries would you hit?

Simply to share, I’m currently enjoying some WT Rare Breed paired with an Ashton ESG.  No complaints!  

• I like it 1

I'm a WT fan, so I'll always recommend going there. Jimmy Russell spends a fair bit of time in the gift shop, so you might get him to sign a new bottle of WTRB if you buy it there. 

I just got back froma trip to KY. We hit up quite a few distilleries. My favorite tours/tastings were Old Forester, Makers, and Peerless. My past trips included good stops at both 4R facilities and BT

I would plan out which distilleries you want to visit, then rent a VRBO centrally located. 

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm a WT fan, so I'll always recommend going there. Jimmy Russell spends a fair bit of time in the gift shop, so you might get him to sign a new bottle of WTRB if you buy it there. 

I just got back froma trip to KY. We hit up quite a few distilleries. My favorite tours/tastings were Old Forester, Makers, and Peerless. My past trips included good stops at both 4R facilities and BT

I would plan out which distilleries you want to visit, then rent a VRBO centrally located. 

Peerless is spot on!   Do a day in Louisville and then a day in Bardstown.

If you are hanging out in Louisville, hit the EW Experience.  
In Bardstown, Bardstown Bourbon Company is a nice tour and a great lunch.  You also have Heaven Hill, Willet and Barton within 5 minutes of each other.

Makers is by far my favorite spot to kill some time and Starhill Farms is a great place to eat.

• I like it 1

There are so many good options for you that can be suggested.  But, my recommendations to people begins and ends with Maker’s Mark.  Don’t miss that one.    Particularly, if you may be with someone(s) that may not be as in to bourbon as you.  It’s drop dead gorgeous inside and out, and has something for everyone.  The tour, tasting, gift shop, and overall experience are all A+/5Star in my book.  

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

There are so many good options for you that can be suggested.  But, my recommendations to people begins and ends with Maker’s Mark.  Don’t miss that one.    Particularly, if you may be with someone(s) that may not be as in to bourbon as you.  It’s drop dead gorgeous inside and out, and has something for everyone.  The tour, tasting, gift shop, and overall experience are all A+/5Star in my book.  

and If you are at Maker's - you have to go to Limestone Branch up the road.   No better compare and contrast.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.