Seasonal Bourbon Bottles/gift sets

Mano
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thought I would start a thread about what is out there as far as unique bottles or gift sets, especially with  the holidays  approaching.

I was wondering if anyone had tried "Tom Turkey Bourbon". I saw this in the liquor store for I think $80 and was considering getting a bottle for Thanksgiving, just because the bottle is so nice. I was wondering if anyone here had any information on the bourbon itself, as I have been searching and can't seem to find who actually makes the bourbon. If there is something drinkable on the inside, might be worth it to me as a festive conversation piece.

TurkeyTom.jpg

Some guys were talkin about it yesterday… said it was 4 year but not sure who makes it. 

Not really seasonal but i saw a four roses box with a mold to make a rose shaped ice cube yesterday. 

• I like it 1

Probably paying a good bit for the bottle. If the contents suck dump it out and refill with some WT 101!

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Some guys were talkin about it yesterday… said it was 4 year but not sure who makes it. 

Not really seasonal but i saw a four roses box with a mold to make a rose shaped ice cube yesterday. 

Was it Yellow label or SB?

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Probably paying a good bit for the bottle. If the contents suck dump it out and refill with some WT 101!

I get that I am paying for the bottle, but would be much more likely to buy it if the juice inside is palatable.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:21 AM, Mano said:

I was wondering if anyone had tried "Tom Turkey Bourbon". I saw this in the liquor store for I think $80 and was considering getting a bottle for Thanksgiving, just because the bottle is so nice. I was wondering if anyone here had any information on the bourbon itself, as I have been searching and can't seem to find who actually makes the bourbon. If there is something drinkable on the inside, might be worth it to me as a festive conversation piece.

TurkeyTom.jpg

FWIW, I ran across this on a reddit thread where they claimed that this was a sourced bourbon from MGP.

• I like it 1

I seen no such turkey decanter since my local deli sold off their collection when they sold the business back in 1979.

BUT, RE: the TOPIC - I did pop for a Maker's LE, Wood Finishing Series set of two 375s in a nice, heavy cardboard box.  MM46 picked by Bill Samuels "Son of the Founders" which is a Cask Strength 110.3 proof (standard stave profile #46) and a Maker's "Private Selection" picked by Rob Samuels "Grandson of the Founders" which is a 110 proof  with a stave profile of 5 baked American oak, 0 French, 1 Maker's 46 (which I think is a used French oak), 0 roasted French mocha, and 4 Toasted French spice.

I have no faint idea what all that stave stuff is about (other than advertising) in spite of several years of reading MM labels and webpages describing it, but I still think these taste pretty good.  Indeed, I've yet to taste an over-proof MM that I DIDN'T like - even with ice or out of the fridge in Summer.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found this set online at my local FWGS. Went in and they didn’t have it out. Asked the fella at the register about it and he ran to the back to grab it. Same price as the standard WR bottle but with a nice crystal glass made by Glencairn (so says the packaging). 

Seeing as I’ve been on a bit of a WR kick the last couple of weeks, it was a no-brainer. 

CE0080F1-9DF7-426C-B94C-D5720669DBB2.jpeg

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.