Empty Rye Bottle(s) - 2021

markandrex

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 0895 said:

All good things come to an end eventually.

Only took me 5 years.

98CF18D4-E124-49F4-8B21-23093AB3A1D5.jpeg

I feel honored to have tried a sip of this.

• I like it 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finished this last night.  As many here have said, a very festive holiday pour.  Cheers!

BD9961A7-948D-434A-AFC5-75CEDFC85440.jpeg

• I like it 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't drink nearly as much rye as I do bourbon, but that gap has begun to shrink some lately.  Over the Christmas-New Years holiday period, I went through more rye than usual, including the bottles pictured below.

The MWND bottle is one that I have been nursing for about three years.  A pour of this has always hit the spot during the holidays.  I hated to see it go, as it was a wonderful bottle.  The Pikesville continues to please each time I have it.  A really nice whiskey at a fairly reasonable price.  The only problem is that I am seeing the supply of this dry up at my liquor sources.  (I think that I have heard this story before!)

Empty Rye 020522.jpg

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, 0895 said:

All good things come to an end eventually.

Only took me 5 years.

98CF18D4-E124-49F4-8B21-23093AB3A1D5.jpeg

Perusing this thread again, I am yet again taken aback by this post.  It's not every day you see a Booker's Rye emptied.  Impressive feat sir.  Well done.  I still can't bring myself to open my only bottle, but luckily I have a  4oz sample bottle from a family member I can go to whenever it's calling me.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Perusing this thread again, I am yet again taken aback by this post.  It's not every day you see a Booker's Rye emptied.  Impressive feat sir.  Well done.  I still can't bring myself to open my only bottle, but luckily I have a  4oz sample bottle from a family member I can go to whenever it's calling me.

Well hell, it started calling me.

20220305_003009.jpg

• I like it 6

20 hours ago, Kepler said:

Here's the thing.  If you don't enjoy it, someone else probably will someday.

I find it a bit refreshing when I don't have a backup bottle.  I have no choice but to make the most of it and enjoy it.  When I have a backup bottle, I seem to hold onto it forever, waiting for some imaginary special occasion that never happens.

I probably only drank 1/3 of that bottle myself.  A lot of people got to try Booker's Rye because I opened that bottle, including the manager who sold it to me for msrp.

No regrets, and I still have the empty to look at and reminisce.

One of the funniest stories I ever heard was when Freddie Noe mentioned that a certain elderly family member had been secretly grabbing bottles of Bookers Rye from the family stash to make manhattan's.  You only live once.  Drink your "good stuff" while you can!

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Here's the thing.  If you don't enjoy it, someone else probably will someday.

I find it a bit refreshing when I don't have a backup bottle.  I have no choice but to make the most of it and enjoy it.  When I have a backup bottle, I seem to hold onto it forever, waiting for some imaginary special occasion that never happens.

I probably only drank 1/3 of that bottle myself.  A lot of people got to try Booker's Rye because I opened that bottle, including the manager who sold it to me for msrp.

No regrets, and I still have the empty to look at and reminisce.

One of the funniest stories I ever heard was when Freddie Noe mentioned that a certain elderly family member had been secretly grabbing bottles of Bookers Rye from the family stash to make manhattan's.  You only live once.  Drink your "good stuff" while you can!

That's an awesome post.  I agree with your overall sentiment wholeheartedly, but I am more likely to open a rare one if I have a backup bottle.  I think the main reason I haven't opened the BR is because my brother opened his first.  We take turns like that way with LE's back and forth sometimes.  I do have some super rare solo bottles with no backups like PVW15 and PVW20 that I have opened and enjoyed.   Haven't gotten to the 23 yet but since I've tasted it at a bar I don't feel like I'm missing that much. 

To Mr. Booker Noe!  🥃🥃

• I like it 3

Finished off a WP 10yr. It was interesting, like watching a clumsy person trying to dance (I’m looking at you Elaine).  Interesting, because it had a lot going on (the dancing), but most of it, not good (the clumsy part). I doubt, I will restock my bar with another. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Well..that escalated quickly 

As I asked in the “What are you Cookin’ On The Smoker?” thread, Is @GeeTen visiting again?  🙂

Biba! Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This store pick was unexpectedly fantastic.  Wish I’d of grabbed a backup.

Comparable to MWND.

Spice and fruit.  Dessert in a glass.

E125F9ED-4E11-40AD-8D54-0FA28EB6B829.jpeg

CAEF2CE7-1BAA-484C-8DD7-012E035BF12E.jpeg

• I like it 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Couldn’t pass up the chance to try a bottle of Smooth Ambler’s house distilled rye.  A nice change of pace from the usual.  Lots of herbal and black tea flavors in this.  Packs a good punch at cask strength.  I enjoyed it enough that I grabbed a second bottle, but it’s this one’s turn to go to the bin.

09AC2544-B91B-4B88-A445-94D42FC29626.jpeg

• I like it 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

These were awesome. I loved every bit of them, shared them with friends, and reveled in my enjoyment  of them as a flight. Tonight  these gave their last. I will miss them all.

20231105_190134.jpg

• I like it 4