‘Harassed’ by aggressive customers, Idaho liquor stores set new, ‘fair’ rules

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

But now it sounds like the store managers and clerks will have the opportunity to dole it out to their buddies.

No system is perfect.

If the employee/managers are corrupt and are holding bottles,  they are already doing it and nothing will change.   I know a few managers and employees and am glad these rules are being implemented.  Not everyone has an agenda.

I remember when Blanton's and ER just sat on shelves.  Blanton's was nice, but you were definitely paying an up charge for the package.  In recent years, the age of the barrels has gotten younger, while price increased.  The value isn't there.  It's become a strictly tater phenomenon.

I know some here like ER, and that's fine.  For me, I think standard BT tastes better (lacks the dank mustiness I sometimes get from ER).  Honestly given up on ER.

There are such better bottles a person can get for less money and no Mickey Mouse Games.

Put above mentioned brands in a blind side by side with mid shelf brands from the other legacy distillers.  I bet it would be a real eye opener for some folks.

These clowns from Facebook, the "freight chasers" are admiring the emperor's new clothes (like in the fable).

• I like it 2

52 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I remember when Blanton's and ER just sat on shelves.  Blanton's was nice, but you were definitely paying an up charge for the package.  In recent years, the age of the barrels has gotten younger, while price increased.  The value isn't there.  It's become a strictly tater phenomenon.

I know some here like ER, and that's fine.  For me, I think standard BT tastes better (lacks the dank mustiness I sometimes get from ER).  Honestly given up on ER.

There are such better bottles a person can get for less money and no Mickey Mouse Games.

Put above mentioned brands in a blind side by side with mid shelf brands from the other legacy distillers.  I bet it would be a real eye opener for some folks.

These clowns from Facebook, the "freight chasers" are admiring the emperor's new clothes (like in the fable).

Amen, 100% agree.  Sort of in-line with that, I finally got to try ETL at @Rhettro's place.  Super generous of him but frankly, I was not a fan at all.  Musty cardboard and an odd finish, would not chase this ever after that.

Frankly, the "hunt" has moved me towards chasing rum, which IMO, is much more fun because you can still get exciting things.  Same with tequila and scotch.  However, I do love my bottom-shelf bourbon shopping.  Nothing like getting a solid BIB handle for $20 or less.  Praying that doesn't catch on anytime soon 😛.

• I like it 3

On 11/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, PaulO said:

I have had some stellar ER Single Barrels.  Depending on the selector, I would still buy it at a reasonable price if a PS.  Until last year, I typically preferred ER over BT but that has changed.  The last few standard ER bottles were meh.  The last few bottles of standard BT have been very good.  Same thing with Blanton's.  I don't chase it but I would probably buy one at MSRP if I saw it on the shelf.

I remember having the ability to select which bottle of Blanton's to buy, whether it had the right letter on the cork or it was in a box or if it had the nice little drawstring bag.

For now ER still carries an age statement, unlike Blanton's which to my knowledge never did. I hate to pay it but even at $50 ER is a decent value when you can find it. I agree that Blanton's is not much of a value and pretty much just tater bait these days. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.