Wild Turkey Master's Keep - One

geclbxf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Two Questions:

#1 - has anyone tried it yet?   I have heard both great and meh.    Price is up - at least in Ohio to $175 MSRP.   Trying to figure out the value vs price.   I know some like toasted, others do not as much.

#2 - Does anyone remember the release sequence for Master's Keep?   I have 3 others, the rye, Revival, and Decades, but cant for the life of me remember the sequence the 6 bottles came out in.   I have found them all good not great - fav being the Rye.

2015 Wild Turkey Master's Keep

2017 Wild Turkey Master's Keep Decades

2018 Wild Turkey Master's Keep Revival

2019 Wild Turkey Master's Keep Cornerstone

2020 Wild Turkey Master's Keep Bottled in Bond

2021 Wild Turkey Master's Keep One

2017 Wild Turkey Master's Keep 1894 (Australia only)

• I like it 3

If you are a Turkey head you have to pull the trigger. The thing I like is the toasted is subtle so still keeps the WT integrity. For $200 with tax it’s a tough pill to swallow as it is not overly complex. The finish is awesome and long and of course with all WT LEs it has a great mouthfeel. I think some people are freaking out bc RR13 is $70 vs $200. One is better than RR13 but not by $130. It should be priced at $125 IMO.

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Adam777 said:

If you are a Turkey head you have to pull the trigger. The thing I like is the toasted is subtle so still keeps the WT integrity. For $200 with tax it’s a tough pill to swallow as it is not overly complex. The finish is awesome and long and of course with all WT LEs it has a great mouthfeel. I think some people are freaking out bc RR13 is $70 vs $200. One is better than RR13 but not by $130. It should be priced at $125 IMO.

Got to try WTMK "One" last Sunday Pappy's Place (along with 4 other WTMKs and a wee dram of the first run Blue Note):

WTMKs.jpg

Nice, as accurately described above, but not the winner of the bunch.  Had to crown the Rye Whiskey as the "Best In Show" that day (IMHO, of course).  😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 8

• 1 month later...

This one completely passed me by.  The first Master's Keep release that I never even had a chance to buy.  Quite disappointing, being that I'm a certified Turkey Head.  But alas I could see the writing on the wall last year when the BiB was so difficult to find and only my strong local liquor store connection allowed me to score one measly bottle.  After reading that this year's release was a toasted barrel finish bourbon I decided not to even ask my local to set aside a bottle.  I'd rather save my bullets for something else when I really need it.

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

This one completely passed me by.  The first Master's Keep release that I never even had a chance to buy.  Quite disappointing, being that I'm a certified Turkey Head.  But alas I could see the writing on the wall last year when the BiB was so difficult to find and only my strong local liquor store connection allowed me to score one measly bottle.  After reading that this year's release was a toasted barrel finish bourbon I decided not to even ask my local to set aside a bottle.  I'd rather save my bullets for something else when I really need it.

My local had one for me but also gave me the heads up that he had a chance to try it and that it had similar flavors to other toasted bourbons that he knows I don't like so I passed on it.

7 hours ago, flahute said:

My local had one for me but also gave me the heads up that he had a chance to try it and that it had similar flavors to other toasted bourbons that he knows I don't like so I passed on it.

That makes me feel better.  At the price they are asking for it, wise move.

I passed on this as well. A combination of not being very interested in the toasted barrel, the price ($180ish), and the need to pull back on some releases so my LS can spread the wealth.  

On 11/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, geclbxf said:

#1 - has anyone tried it yet?   I have heard both great and meh.    Price is up - at least in Ohio to $175 MSRP.   Trying to figure out the value vs price.   I know some like toasted, others do not as much.

I've not tried it, but at that price I'd get a few or case if they allowed it.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, B.B. Babington said:

I've not tried it, but at that price I'd get a few or case if they allowed it.

It was long gone on "release day" - Ohio is out of control with taterism.

• 5 weeks later...

Related to my post above, is anyone aware of any of the Master's Keep releases having more than one batch besides Decades? The first three have a batch number on them, but I'm only aware of Decades having more than one batch. Anyone know different?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.